K&N Filter

Has anyone tried the new K&N Filter? I just got TWMX in the mail and they rated it an 8, only because the installation took a while, but said it ran awsome. Anyone else tried this? :applause:

Do not use K&N filters on dirtbikes. They readily pass too much silt and fine dust. For evidence, do a TT search on K&N filters. :applause:

Don't you oil, and clean it just like other filters? Isn't the oil what traps fine dust and silt?

You need to use K&N's special cleaner and their special RED oil... They allow a lot of fine dirt into the airbox.. Go with a Twin Air and a good drying airfilter oil like TwinAirs' oil, or Torco FFO or Maxima FFT.

KandN oil is for GAUZE filters, not foam. Do not use gauze oil on a foam filter, or vice versa. You will get horrible results.

Stick with foam air filter oil with a foam air filter. It is tacky, wont let anyhting pass through, and it still lets a lot of air in. Maxima's oil is really good, same with No-Toil and Bel Ray.

-Phill

Don't you oil, and clean it just like other filters? Isn't the oil what traps fine dust and silt?

Myswell use engine oil for air filter oil if you look at it that way.

Foam air filter oil is tacky and attracts dirt like a magnet. Hold a KandN to the light, you will see a lot of light. Hold a foam air filter to the light, see how much light you see.

-Phill

I never said I was going to use K&N filter on a foam filter, I just asked if it was oiled like a foam filter.

The post was directed toward shurshot.

:applause: oic

My error.. I meant to put "use TwinAir's own oil"... Not K&N.

oh well if you were talking about K&N it is a breeze to clean