J D Jetting with hot cam and at sea level

Just wanting to know what main jet and what position to set the clip at. I have on 05 CRF450 I live in West Palm Beach Fl sometimes below sea level :applause: and I have a Stage 1 Hot Cam. With stock jetting it is lean on top. Thanks for any help.

Bump!!!!!

how did you determine it was lean on top?

It is popping at higher rpm Not when I chop the throttle. When I am to lazy to shift on the straights.

It is popping at higher rpm Not when I chop the throttle. When I am to lazy to shift on the straights.

That could be the rev limiter too...

It would be very unusual for JD jetting to end up lean. His whole jetting theroy and taper of his needles kinda prevents this, especially on top.

It may actually be rich

i concur.

I said with stock jetting it is popping! And no I am not hitting the rev limiter. Im just tring to find a good starting point for the JD jetting kit. Thanks Rob

Based on the same carb on Huskys & KTMs I would have to guess the main jet size would need to be in the 180's. As "lean" while under load does not cause "poping" your going to need to be more specific about what the issue is.

Poping under deceleration can be related to "lean" or a sloppy fit exhaust header (04 & newer KTM's are plauged with this)