Sign in to follow this  

cleaning gear

how do you guys clean your riding gear? the jersys say to hang dry but i didn't find anything about my gloves and boots. i was thinking just hang them all outside and spray them with the garden hose.

After every ride I wash my bike and use the hose to remove any mud that's on the boots. Then I take them up to the shower and use hot water and a scrub brush to wash them.

wash, hang dry jersey, pants, gloves. Boots/chest protector get the hose when I get around to it. helmet gets a wipe down oh about once a year. Need to clean the liners though, starting to smell!

I just get on my bike and ride real fast and the dirt blows away.

Harry smells like a goat when I ride near him.

He doesn't believe in washing his gear.

Harry smells like a goat when I ride near him.

He doesn't believe in washing his gear.

Be thankful for my forbearance. :applause:

Besides, wearing your knee pads on the OUTSIDE keeps your pants clean!

Wash jersey and pants, gloves if needed. Hose off boots and chest protectors. Wipe down helmet if needed.

I do the same. I also always get dark color clothing because the red mud stains around here will not come out of white.

i scrub my boots then polish them every few rides i take my helmet liner out ond wash it every ride or race weekend my gear gets washed and i take wet wipes the the track to clean my helmet best thing ever for my goggles i use soap and water.

I stick everything except for goggles, helmet, boots, and chest protector in the washing machine on cold/cold and I just hang all of the stuff up, and set a fan blowing on it. Mom tends to get pissed about, because I take up the whole laundrey room when I do this.

Pants get turned inside out, shirt, gloves, kidney belt, socks, and underwear all go in wash on cold/cold. Helmet gets wiped, boots are cleaned with shout and a scrub brush in my laundry sink. Nothing is put in the dryer. I have a big table with an oscelating fan that drys evertything.

Wash jersey and pants, gloves if needed. Hose off boots and chest protectors. Wipe down helmet if needed.

Exactly what I do.I also hang dry em.

Wash all my clothes in the washer on cold/cold. Scrub my boots clean with a dry brush and blow the dust and crap out with an air compressor then clean them with simple green. After that wipe them down with Mink oil about 1-2 year to keep the leather nice. Take apart and wash the goggles with soap and water and blow the foam out with an air compressor. Clean headliner by hand in the sink with mild soap and water and clean the helmet with a detail spray. Works and smells awesome! I also use the air compressor around the vent holes in my helmet to keep them nice too. You guys need to try the detail spray it works awesome and makes the helmet look really nice!

http://www.autobarn.net/blmawetshspd.html

:applause:

It is starting to get warm around here, so I got out the Fox vented gear. The gear is about 2 years old. I have only worn it about 10 times. The problem is that the rubber on the pants smells something fierce. I have repeated washed the pants in cold with oxiclean, I have sprayed with fabreeze and even with a pet neutralizer. Nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions before I chuck them in the trash?

i put the booties, the gloves, the jersey, and the pants in the wasinh machine under cold water and delicate...then i let them hang dry, and i take the helmet lining out and wash it with soap and water by hand...and the powerwash the boots and chest protector

how do you guys clean your riding gear? the jersys say to hang dry but i didn't find anything about my gloves and boots. i was thinking just hang them all outside and spray them with the garden hose.

washing maschine - cold water (20 C degrees or less), no detergents, soap only, no swirl, no dryer and you'll be good :thumbsup:

wash em in the river crossing