For those looking to reduce seat height

After trying the Kouba Link (didn't like the way the bike handled) and shaving the seat (which came out looking terrible) I found these guys. I was going to give the CRF250X Gel seat a shot.

www.durelleracing.com

Anyone have or heard of these seats. From the pics it looks like a solution for the 5'6" and under crowd (that's me)

i would ask how much the x seat lowers - it says 1 1/2 depending on model -

The x has less padding than the R because of battery box.

I suspect it is less than 1" for the x and 1 1/2 for R

Did you set the sag for the kouba link. What did you not like about the link? Did you ride the bike befor the Kouba link in the same terrain as after? Being the bike is a 04 what mods may have been done to the rear spring or forks? Did you try adjusting the clickers? If you can answer these questions we may be able to help you with your handling problem. I would like to know more about those seats so if you do buy one let us know.

That looks cool. I would like to get one for my 250X but I'm wondering If it would be a comfortable ride or would it feel like you were sitting on a rock after a couple of hours.

Did you set the sag for the kouba link. What did you not like about the link? Did you ride the bike befor the Kouba link in the same terrain as after? Being the bike is a 04 what mods may have been done to the rear spring or forks? Did you try adjusting the clickers? If you can answer these questions we may be able to help you with your handling problem. I would like to know more about those seats so if you do buy one let us know.

I rode the bike after I first got it and it handled great just a bit too tall for me. The bike came with a Kouba Link (now on ebay) in the box of spare parts. I installed the link per the web page instructions and lowered the forks in the triple clamp until they just cleared the bars. The bike looked like a chopper (litereally) and handled about the same. I did not adjust the sag. That may have raised the rear a bit but the front end was just way too high compared to the rear.

I'm going to give the seat mfg a call tomorrow and see how much lower the "X" seat will be. I only need an inch or so. My riding confidence is directly related to my ability to touch the ground. I could throw my CRF230 around with the best of them but it has zero suspension.

I'm also stopping by Aftershocks (suspension shop in the SF Bay Area) next week to talk about lowering costs and benefits vs trade-offs.

i would ask how much the x seat lowers - it says 1 1/2 depending on model -

The x has less padding than the R because of battery box.

I suspect it is less than 1" for the x and 1 1/2 for R

accually this isnt entirely true because the battery box is located under the seat almost at the very back of that also where it is located there wouldnt be much room for padding anyways also this isnt the main sitting position for off road riding you dont even sit over the battery box when riding.