Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse autoclutch perch, make my own?

I was installing my new autoclutch today and was getting frustrated putting the adjuster spring on the clutch actuator arm. Difficult to get to on the 450x. I'm thinking it will be a real pain to adjust. Now I'm wondering why I can't just rig something up using my old clutch cable and clutch adjuster. Seems like I should be able to put the spring in the system somehow and have an adjuster. What exactly does the 100 dollar perch adjuster do for you anyway. Maybe there's even a way to keep my clutch installed for that stuck throttle scenario. I know it's only 100 bucks, but hey I just spent 400. Any words of wisdom out there. I'm sure someone has done it already, I just couldn't find the thread.

By the way the install was a breeze so far. Maybe it will even work the first time.

Thanks.

Spend the $100 bucks. Its something that I don't think can be rigged up.

I agree, spend the $100. You will need to adjust it as you ride. When you get this thing running right, you will love it.

agreed...it comes with 2 springs as well to dial it in....

i thought the same thing. i couldn't wait to see what a 100 dollar perch adjuster looked liked. just get, you will be pleased you did.

good luck, let us know how it works.

ps...keep an eye on your case bolts, they may loosen after the first ride if you have the big gasket set(s) in yours?

My Husky has a juice clutch, didn't have to do a thing, just left it as it was and it still works great. The clutch pull now is like one ounce. There are no clutch springs to compress now.

why the :applause: would you want an auto clutch :bonk: the clutch adds a little fun to the riding (at least to my oppinion)

dear Honda80, ask again when you reach maturity. For now I will tell you it makes riding singletrack and tight woods sections much easier, safer and much more fun. Aslo if you are in the habbit of hitting the ground the bike will not stall.

You will have to cut the rubber boot for the 450X to get it to fit right. If you need a pic of the cut I can do it later tonight for you. PM me for the pic. I have seen a pic of it on here already.

Honda80- Have fun with your young age but remember, you will just get older too.

They're easy when you have an 80, but try it on a 450. Unless you've tried an auto clutch you really have no basis for your comment.

wait tight woods sections are easy dude :applause:

Maybe you should go riding with me if you think single track is easy. :bonk:

whats single track? Is it anything like a motocross track? I know what track and trails are and I know Im sounding like a complete idiot by asking but what is single track. I had an 85, woods were easier, now on my 125, not so easy.

whats single track? Is it anything like a motocross track? I know what track and trails are and I know Im sounding like a complete idiot by asking but what is single track. I had an 85, woods were easier, now on my 125, not so easy.

Single track is a one lined trail that is too narrow for a quad to ride on. Most are pretty challenging because the quads haven't destroyed them.