Sign in to follow this  

FCR / Flow Commander on!

Well, I finally got all the parts needed to install my CPW FCR carb. Also installed the Flow Commander 200 at the same time. Instead of just punching a hole in the airbox boot and shoving in a tube through a grommet, I drilled out the "nipple" on the airbox boot - the one for the CE or hot start, and just pressed fit a section of 1/4" stainless tubing. Came out nice.

Used the suggested specs I believe Nate posted, but bike wouldn't idle - had to turn up the idle screw to max, and then go down to about 1 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw. Think I need to go a little leaner on the pilot air screw also - 5/8 turn out is too rich for my bike. It's in the ballpark now - just have to do some fine tuning now. Throttle response is WAY better than even the FMF jetted stock carb. Definitely wants to wheelie with a twist of the throttle now!

Unfortunately won't be able to ride for a little while now - just had surgery to re-attach my bicep tendon which I tore off a few months ago - also shaved some bone off the shoulder at the same time. Have to baby the arm fro a couple months now till the tendon grows back into the bone - just held in with a sheet metal type screw now.

Oh well - it'll give me time to work on the projects I have lined up:

- getting Lynx mounted

- fiberglass dash mount for key switch

- new mount for "idiot lights"

- install new SS front brake cable

- new tank/shroud graphics

- new fork/shock springs

- new alum clutch cover

- stealth headlight w KTM C/F supemoto front plate

- powdercoat tripleclamps

9a72db9f.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

Thanks - but I've got a long way to go to catch up to Burned, Nate, DrZoomn - just to name a few!

How much did you have to play with the jets o the carb to get it to function well at all or in conjunction with the FC? Do you have take off the rear sub frame to change the jets or does fooling with the FC compensate for changing some of the jets?

No, its sweet, evil and original... I'm working on my project still much road to be done and I'm poor as a mouse. I need a freakin' job right now

Mattys - the screws on the FC allow you to fine tune without removing or disassembling the carb. I do have to unbolt the breather box to get to the main air jet scew, though.

Thanks - but I've got a long way to go to catch up to Burned, Nate, DrZoomn - just to name a few!
Bikes comin along nicely doc....

But on that note after my next update you guys see you all are gonna have some catchin up to do. I'm working on making that gap. :cry::bonk::applause:

The Flow Commander is a nice setup. A few tweaks I am sure you will have it all dialed.

Seems my rec setting was 3/4 turns out on the pilot screw for the flow commander?

Mattys - the screws on the FC allow you to fine tune without removing or disassembling the carb. I do have to unbolt the breather box to get to the main air jet scew, though.
You just need a really long screwdriver. You can get to it without removing the breather box.

But on that note after my next update you guys see you all are gonna have some catchin up to do. I'm working on making that gap. :cry::bonk::applause:

Wondering why I haven't called you up lately?? It's cuz I'll be embarrased riding next your bike. Or SUPERBIKE as I will now call it. Or how about THE bike.

Banshee - I used an airboot from an "e" model - I beleive it is 57mm if i remember correctly. Also, if I remember correctly, there was something about actually losing power if you went with the 60mm FC to fit the stock SM airboot - can't remember why that was though - possibly due to lost velocity.

to bad you can't ride it right now.i put on my fcr and got it dialed in and then parked it for the winter.it will be at least a couple of months before it sees the pavement again...but at least i got to pull some 3rd gear wheelies with it before i parked it

That's what I did ,allthough I used a small pvc fitting to make the 90 out of the F.C.I spoke to Steve and told him it would be nice if they threw in a elbow and he said they probably will in the future.Burned is right that is the hot start boot for the kicker and it is the perfect place for that hose.Short and sweet and really out of any extreme turbulence.Steve agreed and did mention that they weren't thinking that far ahead.There are not that many kickers out there anyway.I have not had the opportunity to play with it,but my bike started right up after install and that's a good start.

Banshee - I used an airboot from an "e" model - I beleive it is 57mm if i remember correctly. Also, if I remember correctly, there was something about actually losing power if you went with the 60mm FC to fit the stock SM airboot - can't remember why that was though - possibly due to lost velocity.
54mm is the correct one for the E boot. :applause:

Putting a fitting in where the hotstart goes is a better way to do it definitely. I intend on putting a hotstart on mine though so I will need it.

You can buy a kicker airboot that has the fitting already in place also.