cam chain cavity

Hey,

I was just changing a shim on a valve when i droped a bolt down the hole to the bottom of the camchain. :applause:

just wonding if there is an easy way to get down there to get it other than the oxy torch. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Hey,

I was just changing a shim on a valve when i droped a bolt down the hole to the bottom of the camchain. :p

just wonding if there is an easy way to get down there to get it other than the oxy torch. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Without letting engine turn over, remove the right side casing.

If you get lucky you will be able to reclaim the missing bolt, without anymore disassembly.

Neil. :applause::cry::cry:

Edit. Sorry, almost forgot. Welcome to TT. :bonk::cry:

remove the right side casing.

I was going to say that! But I wasn't sure I'd be right...

try a extendable magnet first ... it is probably laying on top of the cam chain drive sprocket ... there is not to many places it can go once it hits bottom.

take off the right side and check the primary nut anyway.

take off the right side and check the primary nut anyway.

That's what I would suggest as well. Now is a good time to check the P-nut.

Right side cover,, it will be sitting there mocking you :cry: Been there done that......while checking valves on a new motor,,on a 30 day ride..so well away from home :lol: That sound... Tink....tink................tink...........................................................................followed by many words I should not type here :p is something that has to be felt to understand :applause::bonk::cry::cry:

Thanks everyone. the magnet couldn't find it. had to pull the rightside cover off. It had sliped down past the camshaft drive sprocket and was "sitting there mocking" me.

while i'm there i think i'll check the primary nut as it is called.

Tim

You must always remember that when working on anything mechanical if you drop something it will normally always go to the place where the most effort is required to retrieve it.

Have you ever notice if you drop something near the car it always rools under the car right towards the centre where it is the hardest to reach.

I think it may be jsut a law of nature :applause: .