oneal element boots

If you can afford a better boot, by all means spend the extra money. I caught my foot on a large tree one time, and severely bruised my foot( I actuall thought it was broken, but x-rays revealed no bone damage). The soles and leather just are not stiff enough to give good protection from impact. I bought Sidi Force Flex with replaceable sole, and man what a difference. They have a great flex point (hinge) at the ankle that makes them easy to walk in. I wouldn't trade them for any other boot!

Sarge,

Before I start, let me preface this by saying I am a cheap bastard by nature, and go to great lengths to find good deals. So when I say O'neal Element boots for $59 at my local motocycle shop, I had to investigate further.

"These are, by far, the most uncomfortable things, shoes, boots, etc, that I have EVER put on my feet."

Spend a little more, and get a better boot. I recommend the ARC MX220v boot. Great boot for us cheapskates. Very comfy, and I've dropped my bike 2 or 3 times on my foot, and no probs! :applause:

Buddy's got a pair.

It's better than riding in his Nikes. They keep his feet dry.

That's all that can be said for them. If all you do is putt around on trails, they're fine. If you do any kind of competition or serious trail riding, go for something better.

I bought a pair once, and the heel protection came undone in the first 3 rides, they never broke in. The bottom sole, actually shattered from kickstarting my 500. I realize it's a 500, but the damn things had a hole in the center of the bottom, I mean come on, that's pretty bad. The toe guard came off, I think on the first ride. In my opinion, if you are looking for a cheap boot, get a different one.

I had them for like a year and both sides got rips in them where I grip the bike. On one day 3 times I caught my foot in the same rut in the corner and these cheap boots just bent over :bonk: No support and luckily my ankle was just a bit swollen and not broken. I invested in some Alpinestars Tech 6's. They are great boots :applause:

Guess I won't say that I like my Element boots. Everyone hear will laugh!!! Okay, I do like them, but I they are only worth the $80 I paid for them. They are the first pair of boots I ever owned, had them 3yrs and still working. Although I can see how they don't offer the best protection, they are good if you are on a tight budget. Now that I have a little more $ to throw around I've been thinking of upgrading to a Alpinestar or maybe the Sidi.