Good off-road boots?

I have been needing some new boots badly. My T30's look like they were used for target practice by someone with a browning M1. The holes in it are so big and water just gushes in everytime I hit a puddle wearing these boots. And to tell you the truth it is starting to piss me off. At first I was going to get some SG10's off of Rocky Mountain mc/atv but then I got an e-mail that the ones I ordered for my dad for christmas, will not be shipped, because they are no longer carrying them. I am not sure that I want to pay the extra $30 to get them from the gaerne website. So, what I want is a boot that has good wear characteristics, good feel, and waterproof. Can anyone help me out on this one?

I do not want to spend over $300 unless the boots are extremely good. Alpinestars are out of the question because they are too narrow for my feet. (have tried on T4, T6, T8)

You one of those Big footed Alabama Mtn Boys ?

Have you tried the Thor boots ? Alpinestars are too Narrow ? Wow, first time I ever heard that. Most are E width.

Dwight

Thor doesnt make any higher end boots which is what I would like. My dads quadrants to fit just fine though.

And the M4 Alpinestar is too narrow ? Not the Tech4s which is a kids boot.

Dwight

Holy crap $250! I think I might be able to get some SG10s after all. Thanks!

Rockymountainmc's company ARC has some mid-priced boots that look pretty good. Of course, SG10's for $250 is a heck of a deal!

Oxtar

Seems to be a lot of deals on SG10's, now you say RM's not carrying them. I wonder if Gaerne is dropping them and coming out with something new. Or is the quality going to be lower?

SG 10's hands down. I too have wide feet and large calves. I have tried lots of boots the SG 10's are in a class of their own. I paid 325.00 for mine, worth every damn penny. The 2006's have a slightly different color pattern, I think that is why the old style is selling so low, same boot though.

You one of those Big footed Alabama Mtn Boys ?

Dwight

Im offended! :cry: Not all alabama mtn. boys have big feet. :lol:

:cry: well, I got 15EE!! ahh! :cry::p

I wore the mens a'stars tech 4 in 14, and stretched them out. They dont hurt now , they just fit tight. They feel like they are trails boots! :bonk::bonk:

now I wear the cheapest MSR boots in a size 15. They are actually a little loose. I get blisters if I dont wear good riding or boot socks! :applause:

SG 10's hands down. I too have wide feet and large calves. I have tried lots of boots the SG 10's are in a class of their own. I paid 325.00 for mine, worth every damn penny. The 2006's have a slightly different color pattern, I think that is why the old style is selling so low, same boot though.

Yeah I dont really care about the style of my boots.

Im offended! :cry: Not all alabama mtn. boys have big feet. :lol:

:cry: well, I got 15EE!! ahh! :cry::p

I wore the mens a'stars tech 4 in 14, and stretched them out. They dont hurt now , they just fit tight. They feel like they are trails boots! :bonk::bonk:

now I wear the cheapest MSR boots in a size 15. They are actually a little loose. I get blisters if I dont wear good riding or boot socks! :applause:

Don't be offended, I am originally from Alabama. But I don't have big feet. 10 1/2. I am only from the hills of Hale County. No Mtns. I used to live next door to the Gump's. I hear all the boys with big feet get the girls.

Have you tried a Tech 4 size 15 ? You could always wear 2 pair of socks. I used to all the time.

Dwight

I love my Alpinestars tech8's they have been good boots for a year now. size 12

I hear all the boys with big feet get the girls.

Dwight

Ya know what they say about guys with big feet? :applause: (pause for effect) They wear big socks. :bonk: (rimshot)

But what kind ????

Rockymountainmc's company ARC has some mid-priced boots that look pretty good.

220V?

bought them simply to satisfy my curiosity

very comfortable

sturdy

they survive abuse better than Sidi Force at twice the price :applause:

edit:

during trail workdays I walk several miles - in these boots

I own 3 MX different boots with ankle joint

and still

the cheapo ARC is my absolute favourite :bonk:

Alpinestars Tech8's, the bbotie feature is real nice, i've heard that the new 661 boot is really nice, comparable to the tech8 and SG-10's..

my 2 pesos

i'm getting tech 8's for 80 bucks!! YAY FOR INTERNET SELLS!!!

I broke both ankles in Tech-8's but would never wear another boot. I've ridden over my feet in ruts so many time it's stupid but pulled thru it. Oh yea I wear size 9's and I have alot of girl friends but it's because I have big..... hands. Tech 8's like wearing sneakers after a brief break in, literally, even with 2 knee braces and last a year riding twice a week. Now gloves, that's another story.