Round The World Adventure

I am planning a round the world adventure. Does anyone know of information of someone that has done this before? I have a 00' XR650r and would love any info on logistics, gearing up the bike, etc.....

Go to www.horizonsunlimited.com It is run by Grant & Susan Johnson, a couple that has done dozens of long distance trips around Europe, Asia, Africa, and north/south America. They run the website for people that are doing long distance two-wheel travels. You'd be surprised at how many people are doing around-the-world tours by motorcycle at any given time. The website has tons of recommendations on where to stay, which places to avoid, tips for crossing some borders with the least problemss, paperwork you'll need, bike shops around the world that cater to the long distance folks, etc, etc. They're nice people and run a great website and you'll find the answer to probably any question you can come up with.

Cheers,

Mac

well if you're, gonna do it,,,wait for me!!

i have been dreaming of this ever since reading the "Jupiter's travels" by Ted Simon, this took four years to ride round the world by him self. read that book it has lots of useful information. Ewan McGregor did go round the world on a bike with charlie borman, (a british actor) they did it all, there also a book by them you should get it too! charlie is actally doing the Dakar rally on a bike now and we type! there was also a group of lads from England who went round the world, on 7 Dr 350's yeah i no DR 350's? 7 started 4 left, 1 ran out of money and they picked up a another person in south Africa!!

you would need heavily mod your bike, strengthened sub frame, hell of alot bigger tank, larger oil tank, IE less changes, and figure out some way of carrying your lugage, like i said strengthened sub frame. and you would be best to get a dripper system for your chain, i drops a oil on to your chain when on the move, you also would wanna as much spares as you can, sprockets chain, spark plugs, tools etc etc etc, bring a GPS, and food, water, and some beer , den just go!!!