kx450 gear shift problem

has anybody had problems getting there boot under the shifter, shifter tip seems to close to footpeg

Do a search there is alot of info on this topic! Hammerhead designs has the answer, or a set of lowboy fastway pegs also does the trick, I know I am using them and they work very well. I have know more shifter problems, the pegs are 1/2" lower and 1/2" back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

What year model you talking about?

My 06 has always been a little stubborn to shift from 2nd to 3rd, if accelerating hard over rough ground. My workaround solution is that I do not use the clutch when up-shifting. I still briefly roll off the throttle, but leave the clutch lever alone. No idea why, but it pops up a gear much easier, and feels very positive.

I had the Hammerhead +15mm. Wear size 12-13 depending on brand. It worked great but I broke it off. Cost too much to buy another one so I'm gonna try and transplant the Hammerhead tip to another cheaper shifter. I would recommend it for big feet. Perhaps +20mm would be better. I got the +15 with the lowboy pegs and I probably could use a little more room but it worked for awhile.

I'm using a MSR steel (folding tip) shifter for an '04 KX250F. The shifter is about 1 inch longer. I raced with it today and the shifting was excellent. I wear size 11 Tech 10s. The shifter was 30 bucks and it would be very easy to cut and weld if you wanted it shorter.