Adelanto Grand Prix

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we have a big group of heads that roll up for the past few years, looking to camp with rigs Friday night. Motor-coach, trailer camper and several trucks we had prime real estate last year but have already been up to EL Mirage pre running when we went by the "Infield area" most areas within a mile have already been roped off and a lot of people already camping. From what we seen on this last Sunday the coarse looks pretty much the same.

Last year we all raced 4 stroke open, this year we will all be racing in different races throughout Saturday (Big bikes). On Sunday we plan to ride our minis in a race, don't think we'll win but its going to be bar to bar once we hit the infield. Probably only get one lap ? Thats whats it all about ?

http://www.gpkings.com/forum/

The Adelanto GP is a BLAST!!! I come down from Nor Cal (7 hrs.) to ride this race. I've done this race 2 years now, with this year being #3 and i will try to do it every year. Family fun with Racing and lots of fast riding! Love it!!

Trying my new WR450 this year. The other years were on my XR650R and had a blast warping by people...the motocross track was interesting though. We will see this year on the 450??

The desertvipers have put a video for last years race...it documents the race pretty well. I suggest checking it out. www.desertbipersmc.com

See ya in the Desert! ?

• 2 years later...
I will be out there . . . For anyone that has not raced it, you have to do it; it's one of the best grand prix out there!!!!

Yeah,but what about the new location and layout,do they start in the city street like they used too?Guess urban sprawl jacked up the original coarse in town,bummers.Whats the word from last year?I elected not to attend with the new layout,seems it would not be the same,perhaps I'm wrong?

I talked with one of the desert vipers last week, he said they aint setting anything up or marking anything untill feb 14th.

The start is going to be close to where it was last year but instead of using the motoplex they are building there own MX section like earlier years.

The MX section and vendors are going to be near the start line this time.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been going to the Adelanto Grand Prix for the last 15 years or so.. 2008 I was slightly disappointed in the MotoPlex being used as it just wasn't the good ol Adelanto Grand Prix.. but the 2nd day of the event it grew on me, and could see the potential of it being better... but I went today to the 2009 Adelanto Grand Prix and came home early cause it just down right sucked. the motocross section is so small its ridiculous. basically like a U shape.. cant see the "triple jump" (really a tabletop) and the end of the water jump from the same spot.. the tabletop isn't in a straightaway that can get good air from it.. can only see the riders for roughly 20 secs... no classic Over Under either.. but can get over that part... Plus the venders are lined up along the street which makes it at least a mile long. not grouped together like normal.. which takes away from the cruising around between races.. Very Disappointing.. They built the track like Normal this year..and had the room for the old track layout. why not do it? Plus I understand that its not a sanctioned District 37 race anymore which I believe takes away a lot of the fans and riders.. and I'm sure Vendors as well.. why isn't it a District 37 race anymore?? PLUS..maybe 4-5 years ago they moved it from the first weekend in Feb. to the 3rd weekend.. which is the same as Nascar. what the hell were they thinking? theres another 25% of the crowed. Bigger crowed means more money right?? I just don't get it... Sorry my rant is so long.

Yeah I agree,I dualsported 80 mi to adelanto and was 50/50 dissapointed.The motocross track compared to years of last was not even on the same scale.The start was crazy fast heading out to the dez,better than previous years I think.Another bummer the shortened track for the pros sucked.The beer and good entertainment was cool.Crowd was waay down IMO from previous years.

what entertainment? lol but yes the crowed was basically nonexistent. kinda sucked. and you know I didnt even hear a word about Ty Davis for the Sunday pro race.. But yes I heard there was a race at Racetown and one in Lucerne. Plus Nascar... with NO advertisement.. least not that I saw.. dumb promoters.. might as well just move the Grand Prix into Maverick Stadium.. would be way better Id think. lol least from what they had this year... scale of 1 to 10.. id be nice in saying it was a 2 lol

Wow you guys are harsh. I raced both days as i have since 96. I thought the dezert sections were good. I raced both long track sat, short pro track vintage w/ my daughter Sun morning. Start was fast and fun. Track section sucked { better than last year in motoplex} but to tight and felt lazy. Not good for spectators but why cater to spectators that don't pay? Views were good from most camps. PROS rode short track for SAFTEY. KIDS/DRUNKS crossing the track that late in the day. Can you blame them, they race for little more than pride out at the AGP. DISTRICT 37? It has been years since the Vipers divorced the AMA. Other races the same weekend? There has been a district race, the same weekend since the AMA break-up. The Turn out seemed really good to me, many lines in the races, large camps all along the the dezert section. NASCAR? I'm glad thier not going for that money. If the 25% you speak of would rather watch, than race.? I don't care if pepole are watching. I will be there high fiving my kids when they cross that finish line. oF course Just my thoughts