After Market Seat?

I bought the suzuki gel $130 shipped from e bay .I love it ,but then again I didnt mind the stock one that much.After about 500 miles my second weekend my ass was broken in .with the gel seat I sometimes ride 6-8hours straight maybe 1-2 15 minute breaks.I am 5'6 150 lbs so I also like the lower profile.

I've had both the stock and the gel (off eBay...). The lower height was marvelous but I'd always feel the hard plastic through the gel to teh point of genuine discomfort after about 10mins, and I weigh (only?) 150lbs. Ditto comments above about knees getting a bit cramped. I sold it at a loss (worth a try!) and opted to shave off 2" of the stock foam and replace it with 1-1/4" or so of super-foam from Sargent. Prob not as nice as a corbin or real sargent seat, but it was cheap and feels much better.

Ihad a Suzuki factory gel and it killed me, almost as bad as the stock seat. I broke down and got the Corbin, best investment I have ever made in a seat. I could probably ride a thousand miles a day on this seat. It is alike sitting in abig old fat lazy boy.

Which one -- the flat or dipped -- for the stock tank, or the IMS?

OldDualSporter:

I've had both. The one I bought after getting the IMS is a little wider at the front of the seat and took some getting used to. I don't notice it now. I could have sent it back and had them cut it down but I didn't want to be without. Never did get used to the stocker. ;-)

I replaced the stock seat on an 05 DR 650 with a Corbin several months ago. I sat on the bike with the stock seat, and after replacing it with the Corbin, I sat on it again. My butt estimate (get it) was that the Corbin was about 1" higher. Corbins are known to wear in, so ultimately it may settle a little bit. The Corbin is the most expensive and best change I've made to the bike.