Sign in to follow this  

TTR Stall

My sons 05 TTR 125 stalled and now will not take fuel off an idle. This bike has about 25 hrs on it. We have checked everything from clogged jets to the float level. It will start and idle fine, but crack the throttle and it dies. I have contacted the dealer service dept. to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Jeff

is this before or after its warmed up? used to happen to me and the problem was that the weather had gotten colder and made the bike run leaner I put bigger jets and now its fine

I also have a 05 TTR 125 and that always happens to me. What I do is turn the choke on and leave it in neutral let the motor heat up then take an easy and after the first mile or two it should be fine. The reason is that the bikes are cold natured and the engine is not big enough to warm up quickly.

If its never had the jetting redone, I would see if leaving the choke on a little resolves the issue if so its likely the pilot jet is just too lean now that its winter, the air is MUCH more dense because of cooler temps and the bike could be too lean. The 125 and 225/230 come really lean from the factory especially in CA.

My sons ttr 125 just started to have this problem and we purchased it back in December of '05. Don't quite know what to do with it. The bike was warmed up and running for about a half an hour and it just won't throttle up after you put it in gear and go. Starts just fine and idles just fine - but won't throttle up without really sputtering. It's been an awesome bike otherwise! Any suggestions? :applause::bonk:

Several TT members have reported that the choke can malfunction if not pulled out of socket and lubed. Not sure of symptoms but with choke stuck on bike would start but might be too rich to run. Many years ago I had a KTM with supertrapp and bike did the same thing as yours. Would start up and idle but when you tried to give it gas bike would bog. Turned out that the supertrapp was totally plugged up and caused bike to be too rich to do anymore than idle. The same symptoms may occur if you happen to leave a shop rag in the air box. How do I know these things? :applause:

My sons ttr 125 just started to have this problem and we purchased it back in December of '05. Don't quite know what to do with it. The bike was warmed up and running for about a half an hour and it just won't throttle up after you put it in gear and go. Starts just fine and idles just fine - but won't throttle up without really sputtering. It's been an awesome bike otherwise! Any suggestions? :applause::bonk:

that happend to me when i had my 125 and we ended up having to clean the entire carb. we also put in compleatly fresh gas and it started to work fine.

I believe its the ethanol gas that causes this.After running super crappy for a long time I cleaned out the carb. and the choke hole. Still a no go. My dad and cleaned out the choke thing a second time. The choke had been causing the problem the hole time. It wouldn't go all the way down in the hole. Now, I go outside on a cold morning and the bike hasn't been started in a week +.... It'll fire up on 1-3 kicks.