Sign in to follow this  

05 TE450 Light Kit

I just bought a 05 TE450. Malcolm gave me a box with the light kit parts and a wire schematic which doesnt explain much. Is there any manuals or advice anyone could give to help me install this kit I would appreciate any feedback.

Coincidently I just tried to install my light kit yesterday. Yeah, no nothing as far as directions. Took a second look at the box that the parts came in and it said WRX 250. I am wondering if tha factory stuck the wrong box in the crate. I assembled my own bike, so no lights were pre-mounted. Look like I can make it work. The wiring harnesses didn't look correct either. Looks like I will have to modifiy them. Yellow wire to the low or high beam circuit and blue to ground, then plug them in at the regulator. Will see and pass along any info.

Tiger

I also had recently purchased a te450 with the light kit. It took a little time to figure out but I have successfully installed it with one minor detail. The setting for the WS (wheel circumfrance is off), I will try to get an accurate value from the wheel itself. That said the wiring harness is complete, there is a three prong plug underneath the tank which the kit harness plugs directly into. I did find that I had one wire swapped so the lights were on all the time. Just check that the Blue goes to Blue and the Yellow goes to Yellow/Red(if memory serves me). If you have any other questions let me know. Also, mine has the WRX for the tail light, it appears that these are some what of an after thought for US models, the parts catalog shows instructions(ie wiring diagram) hand written in.

I found the plug and switched the red with the blue terminal so the light is not on until my bike is started. I had to make my own space in the headlamp to get it to adjust, this took the most time. Thanks again for all the good info.