Just a question

I got a question and chances are im gonna get flamed cuz its probably been brought up a 100 times but im new here so hopefully someone will spare me and help me out. Ive been riding for 12 years and its been nothing but 2 strokes 4 me except for the occasional ride on a friends thumper but ive never owned one, well i want one, the reason being is im tired of havin to work so hard to compete :applause: , i mean lets face it I have a RM250 and ive had to dump 3 grand into it just to make it competitive against these new 450s which weigh a pound more and make alot more power stock, but from what ive heard cost of maint. on a thumper is alot and i dont want to have to break the bank if i dont have to, so if some one could let me know a round about how much it is to maintain one and how often it has to be done id greatly appreciate it, im looking at the YZ250F cuz i heard there the most reliable and make good power in there class is this true?

I kinda figured that it would be more expensive, but by how much??? I do a top end on my RM almost every 3 months if hidden hard or alot, how often do you have to do a top end on a 4 stroke??? and how much is the average cost??? im tryin to compair price to duration between overhauls???