need upgraded stator if running a headlight?

i was wondering if i will need to upgrade my stator if i am going to have a headlight and tail light i believe stock is 60w and i have seen ones as high as 75w any one know if i will be ok with stock 60w i will be using a 9 oz. ni-cad battery in the system also

thanks

I'm not sure but usally the CDI ignition works on a completely different voltage compared to a normal charging system. 32 volts sticks in my mind but I'm not sure can't even find the link which explians it all. Even with 12 volt windings you will need a regulator the CDI windings are usally designed to produced a relatively high voltage but low current so the windings are lots of turns of thin wire.

The genorator winding produce a relatively low voltage at high current there are less turns but the wire is much thicker, There is a web site that explains in all I think I found it lurking in the XR forum where a repair on a stator is carried out. Basically if all you have is the CDI windings you will have to do something about the stator unless your bike already has electric start and a battery charging system, I'm not very familar with the Honda's I thought the CRF's had an electric leg nowdays.