Sign in to follow this  

'05 vs. '06

im currently looking for a new bike, and i could get a great deal on an '05 kxf250 for $3,900, and it looks almost brand new, but iwas wondering if it would be worth it to spend the extra money to bump up to an '06. would the difference be that significant?

I think you could hold out and get an even better price on an 05.

If you could get a new one (06) yes you would be happier with it, it is an amazing machine. The 05 is a good bike as well, but as Kevin points out the cost is greater.

As a rule I typically always figure that any used bike will require about $500.00 worth of work within the first 30 days. I do not care what brand, or what condition it is in. I do this only as a way to budget and to have the right expectation. If it does not, then great!

Just my .02

there is no comparison..soooo much different...ive ridden a few 2005's..and my 2006 KILLS them!! DEFF get the 2006! its worth the money!

ive ridden the 06' and after comparing both i still love my 05' and i wont trade it for anything...if its set up perfect for you it will be a deadly weapon on the track, i can ride mine just as fast yet faster on my 05'... if i was in ur shoes ide go for an 05' because of the price, if money is no issue than go for the newest technology out

the bike has suspention work done, exhaust, and a lot of other goodies. do u think that the extras would make it any better than an '06