Sign in to follow this  

waking up a new 400SM

Im going with a friend tonight to pick up his new 06 SM.... whats the hot setup for letting a new bike breath? Airbox mods, exhaust mods, evap canister removal, throttle spacer, clip the gray wire.... what?

Besides sheding 40lb's of useless shat, Lay out a list of what should be spelled out in the owners manual. Thanks guys.

I think you should do a few searches on the forum with the details you have in mind, for example the 3x3 mod, SM jetting etc, i am sure you will find all you seek as this question has been asked a thousand times before. for a start check out the sticky thread at the top of the DR-Z forum page

or try This link to the same page.

JD

I have no problem with searching, but I guess Im trying to get an idea of what the common mods are.... and then Ill search for details on them. I have a DR, so the DRZ is foreign to me. I did miss the sticky at the top, so I will hit that right now. Thanks.

Well commonly people start with a rejet and 3X3 mod then there are aftermarket bars, Baja designs taillight, swapping out the carb entirely for either an FCR or edelbrock, my advice would be to look at a few posts and check out the garages of a few guy's for example Burned, Neil Claydon, Bronco, to name but three!!!

JD