06 RMZ450 question

I just bought a new 06 RMZ 450 and I went to break it in, and a few times cornering the engine killed. It was my fault because I'm getting use to a four stroke. The question I have is that when I would try to find neutral to restart it, it seemed like it took a act of God to put it in nuetral. Then when I finally found it, the bike was hard to kick over. The first kick would be smooth, but the rest of the kicks, felt like the kick starter was stuck. I would try to kick and kick and it wouldn't move. I thought something was wrong with the gears. A mechanic I know said that the gears are going to be stiff until it's broken in. And you can't kick the bike over from top dead center. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know that this is true what the mechanic said?

Finding neutral gets easier when its broken in for sure!! The kickstart is a mystery though Mine has never been as hard to kick over as you are describing never mind where in the stroke it is though im not saying that isnt your problem, Maybe the auto decompressor isnt working correctly? I tried to kickstrart a ktm 600 the other day and OMG I thought it was seized it was that hard to kick over being a left side kickstart didnt help!!

it's quite normal, if this is your first 4t.

You should make more practice, kick slowly until tdc, then left the kick start lever free to return and down again.

remember that after a fall down, carb could be drooling of engine, so it's a little bit harder.

And about neutral, after break in change the oil and filter, and you should notice the difference.

but what about your clutch lever?

it happens to me after more than 100 hours, but clutch is telling me bye bye.

I just bought a new 06 RMZ 450 and I went to break it in, and a few times cornering the engine killed. It was my fault because I'm getting use to a four stroke. The question I have is that when I would try to find neutral to restart it, it seemed like it took a act of God to put it in nuetral. Then when I finally found it, the bike was hard to kick over. The first kick would be smooth, but the rest of the kicks, felt like the kick starter was stuck. I would try to kick and kick and it wouldn't move. I thought something was wrong with the gears. A mechanic I know said that the gears are going to be stiff until it's broken in. And you can't kick the bike over from top dead center. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know that this is true what the mechanic said?

First dont use the "TWIST THROTTLE" no gas just kick from tdc, choke on and let ur rip!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :applause:

neutral on a 06 is a mofo,I just set the idle up and turned the fuel screw out 1/2 turn for the stalling,one of the main reasons I was stalling was I'm not used to taking the inside line,when I first got it I would dive to the inside then being on crf's for the last three years I would brace for the front push but it ain't there in the mean time I'm still idling around the inside and it stalled,the thing with these bikes is you can haul ass on the inside line but it just gets some getting used to.