My 2006 TE 510 computer died...

I have had mine out at lower temps than that (water froze overnite so it was at least 32F), and have not had that problem. Might be something as simple as a connection issue. When you say "died" do you mean the display simply stays off?

here in Greece these days we have a very cold weather at least for our standards. Approximately -2 to 5 degrees Celcius in Athens. My SMR 2006 510 computer is running fine with no problem at all under these conditions. I believe you must be talking about a lot lower temps though:)

Yea I am going to play with some connections tonight and see if that brings it back to life... Yes the central LCD display does not come on at all anymore... I noticed a few parts of the numerals missing while I was at Hollister then last week at Clear Creek it did not show anything. I am not particularly bothered by it but it was kinda nice to have...

I will keep playing with and post back.

Yea I am going to play with some connections tonight and see if that brings it back to life... Yes the central LCD display does not come on at all anymore... I noticed a few parts of the numerals missing while I was at Hollister then last week at Clear Creek it did not show anything. I am not particularly bothered by it but it was kinda nice to have...

I will keep playing with and post back.

rycb77, it sounds to me like your display unit is simply getting "starved" for voltage. Could be a bad connection (some water intrusion perhaps) or low battery voltage. I would certainly check that carefully before concluding the the unit is fubar.

? I've got to say.... :bonk:

When the computer works (I hope mine holds up)... what an awesome little unit!

RPM via a bar graph.... dual trip ometers... stopwatch... time... Amazingly cool little computer for a stock'er.

Let's hope they get better in the workings of it real soon huh!?

So far... an amazing bike!

I had a similar issue when I picked up my TE450 back a couple of months. Only part of the display worked, the bar graph on the right side for the rpm's and the small letters on the left showing the mode. But the large numbers in the middle were missing completely. It was probably something like 50 - 60 degrees that day so it wasn't the temps. Fiddled with all of the connections without results Brought it back to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. The new unit works perfectly - so far.