Sign in to follow this  

Drz400, Ltz400 Are They Related?

Hi guys

Any idea if LTZ400 and DRZ400 share the same heads and if not what’s the difference?

Parts numbers are different. Any advise appreciated.

i think they are because i just put a set of hot cams on my drz 400 and they were advertised for a ltz 400. as far as i know suzuki alny has one head for the 400 and the way they change the compression ratio is by putting diffrent thikness base gaskets :applause:

I don't know about the head but the cases are differnt I think other than that I think they are pretty much the same. I am pretty sure the heads are the same along with the cylinder as I know you can use the ATV big bore kit on a DRZ. You may want to wait for somone else to confirm this about the heads though.

I have an 03 KFX (a green suzuki!) and one thing I noticed is that the countershaft sprocket is held on by two bolts and a plate unlike the big nut used on the DRZ. The sprockets are not interchangable. It also looks like the head is tilted forward more on the KFX but I never actually measured them.

Also, I bought a case saver made for the KFX and it would not fit the DRZ.

The bolt holes are about 1/8" off for some reason :applause:

Hi,

Thanks for all the fast responses everyone. One more thing: I have a chance to buy a head from 04 LTZ400. Will it fit my 00 DRZ 400?

Thanks

So if they are interchangeable the FCR carbs should interchange to then correct? A buddy that works at a KTM dealer says they have an FCR from an LTZ400 that's been sitting in the back for years he could probably get me a deal on. If it should work it might be worth the attempt.