Edelbrock carb on Ebay

Hi guys,

I found a Edelbrock carb kit for XR650R on Ebay. Can someone tell me if this is the real thing that everybody is raving about? If it is, is it worth the money? I got my XR last month so I haven't had a chance to really test it yet. It seems to start okay with the stuck carb. From what I learned so far, Edelbrock improves starting. Are there any other benefits? Here is the link to the site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4601047369&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It doesn't look like people are bidding on it. What is your take on all this?

Thanks.

The Edelbrock 3115 is the correct one for the 650R. I checked a popular retailer of these carbs, they are charging $495. My son installed a 3115 on his '02 BRP. It starts better, has better off-idle throttle response, runs better, doesn't flood after a fall/stall, requires practically no mixture adjustment for altitude when riding in mountainous terrain, when it does need adjustment, it is done externally. I had the same results on an XR628 I used to own that had an Edelbrock. Try the search feature for Edelbrock, there is a lot more info.

I bought mine from those guys and it is the right carb, straight from the factory.

Only thing that annoyed me slightly is the auction text stated "8 available", but it still took over a month before I got it after I paid.

4Takt

I bought mine from those guys and it is the right carb, straight from the factory.

Only thing that annoyed me slightly is the auction text stated "8 available", but it still took over a month before I got it after I paid.

4Takt

I've heard that guy is very slow to ship froma couple other people. A month is pretty damn slow...