Any of you ladies start riding over 30?

My wife isn't on the forum so I will have to speak for her.

We both turn 37 this year, (her before me ? ) and I bought her first bike about 2 months ago. I got her a KLX125 and while she is almost 6' and I know once she learns she will want something bigger and more power but to learn on I thought this would be perfect.

She drives a stick so I figure that part will be a no brainer but in the few times she has been on it I can see that the fine control of the clutch and gas is something she will have to spend a lot of time with.

She may never be able to keep up with my friends in the woods but it will be nice to be able to go out just she and I on a few trips and just ride around once she gets it figured out.

I try to be patient with her as I am more scared for her than upset. I keep envisioning her popping the clutch and just running into the nearest tree.

Age though I don't think it matters. One thing about this sport is that it will definitely either get you into shape or make you get into shape off the bike.

Once you start getting faster legs, upper body and lungs will all be better for it.

I will just add get the boots and good ones. If you do any trail riding it is amazing how much it hurts hitting roots, small trees, rocks etc with your feet and ankle...

PS congrats

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE ....

Well, I have gotten all my equipment, safety gear and bike now. I ordered the Gary Semics book just last week and have signed up for the MSF "Dirtbike School" which is on April 22 for me. The course is 9-3pm so major intense training. They said I could use my own bike if I wanted but they have loaners there if need be. Cool thing is I got my Honda Riders Club card and it has a coupon in there for $75 off the class. WOOO HOOO--if you guys may have noticed I like to save money ? Since almost all my gear and even bike came from E-bay.

Would like to find a local FLAT field or other area to start practicing --any Michigan riders in GR area that know of such a place drop me a line.

Thanks for all the support ?

Hey have a great time. If it is anything like the street motorcycle safety class I took you might be a little tired at the end. I think I rode just under 12hrs in 1 weekend. I was sore by Monday. I did however have a great time. Maybe I should look into the dirt school class. I think I had a smile on my face the entire weekend I took the class.

I also like to save money myself. Challenging myself to find the best deal. I used to refer to myself as cheap, but my friend said I was just frugal. I save were I can so I can splurge on what I want to.

Well I'm about to being the new adventure here.....and yes over 30.

New to TT, riding and ........posting really.

It all started w/ a guy. One that has truly inspired me and that I love very much. In my venture to spend more time with him, I purchased a bike tonite off e-bay. I am very exited and very nervous. I've never really been on a motorcycle before and I must say I'm a bit scared.

Don't worry the bike is small (xr100) so hopefully I won't kill myself the first time out :bonk:

Can anyone recommend a good "how to" video or book? ?

I am not a girl but I was 29 1/2 when I first rode a motorcycle :bonk: Surely if I can do it you can! just get out in an open space and get just on the bike and put around between 1st and 3rd gear on fire roads or open desert until you get the controls down and the balance and you'll be set to tackle harder trails n stuff :bonk:

??:bonk::confused::confused:

Hi,

I am 46 and started riding about a year ago. I started with a street bike and didnt like it so tried a dirt bike and I am really starting to get into it. I am not into motorcross or anything like that but I just enjoy riding. I started way late in life but better late then never. I have always wanted to ride. I ride a TTR 230 yamaha. Happy riding.