Sign in to follow this  

Need help, 06 CRF 450 pukin coolant out of the overflow tube

The bike has been riden 6 times and the last time i rode it, within half a lap almost half of the coolant puked out of the overflow tube. I tried a new cap and different coolants. I checked the water pump and its also workin properly. does anybody know what could cause this?

i dont know how that can be... i ran mine all last summer in temps of about 115 or a little above... and never once puked a drop... i would make sure no hoses are pinched or anything... :applause:

Is it barfin when your stopped lookin down at it Idleing ???or when your in motion??

when I ride my 04 hard at my local sand track it tendes to over heat if I stop for more than 10 seconds so I shut it off quick or keep it rollin off to the side for a min before i stop fully(cool down)

it sounds like something is wrong! Half?? That is a lot. Have you used engine ice? i run my 05 real hard at the sand dunes in over 100F and don't lose any. In the woods i lose 2 cups or so. If you idle for more than 30 sec (ish) it will boil over.

Don't sit and idle to long or it will do it even if everything is fine. If you know anybody that has a pressure check tool, you could check your coolant system to rule out a possible problem there. If there is, you can many times find it quickly like that.

The bike has been riden 6 times and the last time i rode it, within half a lap almost half of the coolant puked out of the overflow tube. I tried a new cap and different coolants. I checked the water pump and its also workin properly. does anybody know what could cause this?

You may want to consider the larger Fluidyne radiators...

JMO...

i have been monitoring the coolant temp and generally the bike on the track will only get up to 180 degrees in the head and 160 in the radiators,

i have been blocking of the whole rt radiator with duct tape and getting the coolant in the head up to 210 and the rad temp up to 195,

much much better and the motor runs way better and can be jetted leaner and just rips,

thats running in temps of 60 to 70 degrees right know in AZ ,

its cold here now,

in the 115 degrees of summer the bike runs right at 230 in the head and 200 in the rad , with is better .

i do not like to run motors under 200 in the head,

i wont ride a bike unless its completely warmed up and pushing coolant out the overflow :bonk:

I'm just queer that way :cry:

on the 450's that run coolant out while riding ,it is generally running out the water pump ,

and i find the water wetter and the engine ice seems to leak out the pump and cause dissimilar metal corrosion and it starts a problem :cry:

i have better luck and no water pump leaks at all running normal coolant and distilled watter :applause:

could it be that only one of your rads (blocked) is not working? that would explain it

I ran a real hard mud race in the woods and thought i was going to blow it up. coolent spewing everywhere. Started running engine ice and never had a problem since (other than) Did you dump it over and crimp one of the hoses on the top of the radiator. That happened to me and it restricted the flow.