Anaheim I Supercross Lites Torrent Here

I'm not a computer genius, but, (or perhaps, therefore), I ended up with a lot of spy ware crap after trying to download a torrent of a MX race that someone here on ThumperTalk posted. I'm sure it's a chance I run if I attempt to download another, but is there a way to protect myself against spy ware? Is it a fact of life of torrents? (I don't really even know what is a torrent. I assume it's simply a type of file.) Anyway, I'm real gun shy...any suggestions, because I'd like to see the race.

I'm not a computer genius, but, (or perhaps, therefore), I ended up with a lot of spy ware crap after trying to download a torrent of a MX race that someone here on ThumperTalk posted. I'm sure it's a chance I run if I attempt to download another, but is there a way to protect myself against spy ware? Is it a fact of life of torrents? (I don't really even know what is a torrent. I assume it's simply a type of file.) Anyway, I'm real gun shy...any suggestions, because I'd like to see the race.

I have yet to get any Spy Ware etc. from download torrents. I've used MiniNova.org, Torrentspy.com etc. with no problems at all. If you have spyware, some good programs to download, to get rid of it are: AdAware by Lavasoft, and Spybot Search & Destroy Click here for Spybot I use both. Run AdAware first, then Spybot- it usually detects and deletes anything that AdAware overlooks. :applause:

BTW- Thanks for the torrent! :bonk: