Stupid f'n Sheriff

yea i agree we should of checked it out more and probably asked a sheriff if it was legal. But I still think they could have just said get the heck outa here and we would have left!

O well you live and learn I guess. :applause:

I figure that the plane first spotted you and then they made a call to the local dirt bike cops which had to get loaded up with bikes and gear and drive to where you were. They unloaded, got dressed and then headed out to look for you. You can guarantee you were going to get a ticket after all the trouble they went through.

True, but they didn't HAVE to do all of that.

The guys were on bikes and they had vehicles parked. The officers COULD have simply waited for them to return... but they WANTED to get geared up and go for a ride themselves.

They gave them tickets because they ran into them right after they left the parking area so they didn't get to ride very much :applause:

Yes, I agree. I don't even like hearing my neighbors dog bark in the middle of the night.

I was always considerate of the people living in the homes nearby. I parked a good distance away and made sure I rode even farther away than that. My main reason for it was because I never knew how "mentally stable" any of these homeowners were. The last thing I wanted was one of them firing off a round at me because of the noise.

I think we would all still be riding at Honda Valley if the people in the past would have just used some common sense and stay well away of the homes. Gee, what a concept!

Hell, I was way overdue for a ticket for riding there. If I had gotten one, I would have considered myself lucky for getting away with it for so many years.

This is why the areas are getting shut down. What if all of a sudden they started flying RC planes over your house all day and night. You would complain too. If you are quiet they will never know you were there.

Riding in an illegal area, get a ticket and then whine about it on a public forum. :applause: Agreeing with the clown :bonk:?

I agree that we should be considerate of the homes nearby. But the thing is is that we were out in the middle of the desert. The closest home was probably 5-10 miles away. To bad we had are trucks with us or else we could of out ran those damn cops easily. I know they are just doing their jobs but still pisses me off. :applause:

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, I probably wouldn't have ticketed you. I am one of those "stupid f'n Sheriff's".

One word of advice though, start taking responsibility for your actions and quit blaming the consequences on others. This is lesson #1 for my kids.

You know you could always go the the academy and become a Sherrif yourself. Then request the dirt duty and you can ride all you want tracking down illegal riders. Hell if I was 20 years younger that is exactly what I would do.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, I probably wouldn't have ticketed you. I am one of those "stupid f'n Sheriff's".

One word of advice though, start taking responsibility for your actions and quit blaming the consequences on others. This is lesson #1 for my kids.

I didnt really mean to say all cops are stupid I was just pissed the other day. I am not blaming anybody else. I just think they could have given us a warning first thats all. ?

You've got a very good chance of winning that if you have written permission from the land owner while riding, or can go to court with a written statement (even bring them with you) indicating that you have permission to ride there.

It's gotta be from the legal title holder. If your buddy's parents are renting the land, it has to come from the owner, not the renter.

Private property is no different from a closed course and no OHV registration is required.

As far as noise, if someone called in a complaint, then yes, you can get nailed for disturbing the peace. If nobody called in a complaint, then again, private property is private property.

I'm wondering if he didn't think you were riding on public land or without permission of the owner?

i just got a ticket for riding on my buddies land for noise and ORV violation.aint that a bunch of bullshit.on private land next to know for 100 acres.and they said i have to have an ORV sticker also.I told the cop thats bullshit and have court this week.good luck with it.

thats bullshit!!! ?

Boycot Hesperia! They have very repressive anti-off road laws. Don't eat there, don't stop for gas, don't patronize any of their businesses, and write the city council and tell them so! Do however, stop at a fast food restaurant and take a crap.

My buddy lives in Oak Hills, and we ride right from his house. We occasionally go over to Honda Valley, but those two sherrifs on their XR400's never catch us because we don't have a vehicle sitting out there where they can wait to nail us when we return. Still, the whole area took a real bad hit from the winter rains, so if you are driving up that way, there are other better places to ride nearby anyway.

The city was very instrumental in helping Competitive Edge open their MX park.

if it wasn't for city council that park would have never opened.

I live on the edge of hesperia just before it drops down into H.V. When I moved here 8 ys ago riders were going past my house all weekend on their way out to HV that was cool. But it was the kids who pin their bike an scream down the streets that started to get on your nerves after a while, it is was like living in the middle of a OHV park sometimes. If people would have used their head, everyone was mellow going and coming, the good times might have lasted longer.