If RC doesn't win the title this year....

I've read a lot of reviews in the magazines that put the Suzuki RM-Z 250 & 450 at the bottom of the test riders picks as far as the "big four" go and was wondering if RC doesn't win the title this year, how many people think he'll change rides for '07'?????? RC hasn't had a good start yet this year and at press time for Pheonix it was Suzuki that said the problem is "mechanical" and that it's in the works to be fixed.

I think when it comes to the factory rides and all the high dollar teams, the only real difference in the bikes is the color of the plastic. I think they've got so much money into them that they're all pretty damn similar, and it all comes down to the rider, skill, and stamina. Also, I thought Suzuki and Kawi's were the same? Why do they rate differently on mag shootouts?!

I think when it comes to the factory rides and all the high dollar teams, the only real difference in the bikes is the color of the plastic. I think they've got so much money into them that they're all pretty damn similar, and it all comes down to the rider, skill, and stamina. Also, I thought Suzuki and Kawi's were the same? Why do they rate differently on mag shootouts?!

They are not the same anymore.

The 05 KX 250F and RMZ 250F were the same im pretty sure besides plastic color, but Suzuki and Kawasaki don't share anymore for 06.

Yellow has sucked for 25 years, and RC went to the team to show that it doesn't matter it's the rider not the bike. RC contract to race a full season is up this year his option for next year is at RC discretion to either ride full time or part time like McGrath (no pun intended).

IMO if RC wins everything this year he will only come back part time in 2007 and start a new racing career (nascar, road racing). One pit fall to our sport is that no matter if you are RC or not in professional level racing MX/SX stars make half of any other major sport. I think RC with sponsors and bonus made in the neighbor hood of 12 million last year, ih he was in Nascar it would be 40m and not even win a race. If he loses a championship then we will see him comeback, because he will not retire as a loser. No matter what we will not see more than 2008 out of RC.

Yeah RC has an option on his contract for '07, A guy like RC knows he makes the difference not the bike, that is, barring mechanical DNF's. Ricky had the DNF at last years US open, and I thought he was in for a few more (first year bike and all). The Suzuki and Kawi 250f's are the same they developed the 450's individually.

RC left Honda, because they wouldn't sign him until his knee operation was cleared and that pissed him off, plus ZUKi put more cash on the table.

I read some non publicized quotes from RC. He test the RM before he signed. He lost the SX in 03, and he felt it was because of the CR's inability to turn as tight as the RM. Even if Suzuki comes out poor in test articles, the articles still say they out turn anything and everything. I also still have old video or 03 SX and you can see that Reed turned better and excited turns better then Ricky. the comentators even mentioned it.

Also don't believe the test, I came off a KTM, that I could hole shot anytime with, to a CRF, where my starts sucked. My RMZ is faster off the line stock then the CRF was modified. RC got awesome starts outdoors on the RMZ, but in supercross, the first turn is so tight, and technical, one mistake anywhere puts you mid pack. Look at his heat race last saturday. He came into the corner ahead of Reed, and Reed held it on a little longer, and stuffed RC into the hay bails. I also think RC has Bubba on the brain. He was pretty excited about saturdays win. When was the last time you saw him that pumped.

As far as Suzuki saying it was mechanical, they can change so many things to make the bike run different, so it will get off the line better, but you can bet his bike is not underpowered.

He was pretty excited about saturdays win. When was the last time you saw him that pumped.
I watched that and thought it was pretty odd for a racer to display that much emotion for an early round win. It's obvious that RC was reacting to the win on a psychological level for him to be so pumped. It was as if he'd gotten some much needed validation after three disappointing losses. Unfortunately, he may have to confront the fact that had James not gone down early, the result may have been different. JS went from dead last to third and was gaining ground at the finish. That should give RC a lot to think about for the next week.

I read some non publicized quotes from RC. He test the RM before he signed. He lost the SX in 03, and he felt it was because of the CR's inability to turn as tight as the RM. Even if Suzuki comes out poor in test articles, the articles still say they out turn anything and everything. I also still have old video or 03 SX and you can see that Reed turned better and excited turns better then Ricky. the comentators even mentioned it.

:applause: How Can You Be so wrong???????? If you have the 2003 SX tapes then you will see RC won the series. RC has one EVERY title that he has ever entered. Check yourself before throwing out FACTS.

:bonk: How Can You Be so wrong???????? If you have the 2003 SX tapes then you will see RC won the series. RC has one EVERY title that he has ever entered. Check yourself before throwing out FACTS.
RC has not won every title he entered :applause: