Sign in to follow this  

yz250 exhaust comparison

I have the Gnarly, and like it. Seems a bit more responsive in the bottom end, and I hope the finish is more durable than the Pro Circuit pipe I had previously.

I have a 2004 YZ250 (04-06 engines are the same) that is basically stock aside from the pipe and silencer. I had the Gnarly with the Turbinecore II (Turbinecore II has a spark arrestor) and this combination gave it more bottom end and mid. However, I just recently changed the Gnarly for the Fatty and I noticed a big difference from the Gnarly. The bike is now more responsive all across the board and feels stronger/more powerful everywhere. If you are riding trails or places where there are lots of rocks, I'd go with the Gnarly. Otherwise, try the Fatty...

Yeah, I prob. would have gotten the Fatty, but got tired of dented, beat up looking pipes. Nice to have a little extra durability.

On my '04 I went with the FMF fatty at first. Since then have used pro-circuit platinum & works (same as platinum but no shiny plating). They seem stronger to me, or I'm just falling softer nowadays :bonk:. For riding trails I swapped in a bigger rear sprocket and it's awesome. Like the other guy said, the rev pipes seem to even the powerband out. Sprockets are cheaper than pipes, and will give you more tuning options. V-force reeds will give you a snappier throttle than a pipe, also cheaper. The rev pipe will let 'er breathe, and IMO, there's nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup:

I've got an 05 YZ250 with a FMF SST Pipe and Power-core 2 Ti silencer. I've also got a V Force reed block on it. I had an 04 that I rode for a year bone stock.(Changed the pegs, bars, etc. but no pipe or reed block) When I got my 05 YZ 250 I first bought the V force and tried it. The V Force is by far the best money you could spend on the YZ250. Hands down the best money I've ever spent on this bike. I then bought the FMF SST Pipe and Silencer. That made even more power. The only thing is that the bike runs really poorly on pump gas. I use the Sunoco 110 gas with Yamalube 32:1 with the stock jetting. I could have played w/ jetting to get it to run good on pump gas but the race gas is much better. Sometimes when I run pump gas the motor will ping. Not on race gas. Get a V force reed block and what ever pipe and silencer you want (even stock) The V force is the best $ to performance you can get.

IMHO............DOMA makes the best pipe for a YZ250. Power is improved from idle to top end. Fits good too!

I've got an 05 YZ250 with a FMF SST Pipe and Power-core 2 Ti silencer. I've also got a V Force reed block on it. I had an 04 that I rode for a year bone stock.(Changed the pegs, bars, etc. but no pipe or reed block) When I got my 05 YZ 250 I first bought the V force and tried it. The V Force is by far the best money you could spend on the YZ250. Hands down the best money I've ever spent on this bike. I then bought the FMF SST Pipe and Silencer. That made even more power. The only thing is that the bike runs really poorly on pump gas. I use the Sunoco 110 gas with Yamalube 32:1 with the stock jetting. I could have played w/ jetting to get it to run good on pump gas but the race gas is much better. Sometimes when I run pump gas the motor will ping. Not on race gas. Get a V force reed block and what ever pipe and silencer you want (even stock) The V force is the best $ to performance you can get.

Ive had a problem with pump gas also.. Especially when its cold. I run 1/2 Trick (108) and 1/2 premium pump (no ethanol/methanol) at 40:1 Yamajuice. No pings if I do that.

I run a Gnarly pipe and TCII silencer. I like the combo for woods and moto. But its all Ive used on my bike, so I wouldnt know the difference anyway. :thumbsup: