Sign in to follow this  

B.C. Lower Mainland Suzuki dealers ??

I'm planning to buy a DRZ 400 S and I'm looking for recommendations as to which dealer to purchase from.

I would like to read your comments, good or bad.

Great service?

Excellent salesman?

Best selection?

Best price/deal?

Hidden costs?

Surprises?

Let me know.

Thanks in advance :applause:

id go with richmond motorsports, they are super freindly, and after buying bikes form other dealers around there, i would say that they would be in my opinion, one of the best. they go over everything on the bike and cover way more than the yammie dealer does and they have a great selection - honda,kawasaki, suzuki, ducati etc everything ecxept ktm and yammie

Thanks for the response. I actually talked to Stuart out there earlier this week and I'm going to see him on Friday. He had the best phone manners and told me to bring my best offer out and he'd do his best to beat it. Sounded like they would go the extra mile to get my business.

Slyman,

I phoned all the Suzuki dealers in the lowermainland as well as the okanagan and found that Orca Bay Suzuki in Port Coquitlam had the best price...so i bought from them...I found the whole staff very friendly and helpful..my 2 cents...good luck...DRZs' are a great bike, you won't be sorry. :thumbsup::bonk:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going on a road trip tomorrow (Friday). First stop is North Van for some GPS parts then Modern Motorcycling on Commercial and finally Richmond Motorsports. I'll ask for the best deal at each place and see what happens. I already talked to Orca Bay since I live in PoCo and they're right down the street from my house.

We're talking a lot of money for this bike and I want to be sure I'm getting the best value.

Lookin' forward to seeing some of you on the trails! :thumbsup:

I came across the pond from Victoria to purchase my bike from Richmond motorsports. They matched another rivals offer, and even got me a yellow one :thumbsup: I got the bike new for $5995 +tax

I phoned all the Suzuki dealers in the lowermainland as well as the okanagan and found that Orca Bay Suzuki in Port Coquitlam had the best price...so i bought from them...I found the whole staff very friendly and helpful..my 2 cents...good luck...DRZs' are a great bike, you won't be sorry.

I talked to Orca Bay and was a little put off by a couple of things. They forgot to mention freight and PDI ($395!) when I asked for the out-the-door price and they tried to tell me the warranty was 6 months instead of the 12 months it clearly states in the sales brochure.

I got the bike new for $5995 +tax

Hmmm...Pretty good deal considering MSRP is $7399! How did you wrangle that deal? What was your total price?

See Larry at Richmond ms. Tell him Bernie sent you.

Apparently Larry doesn't work there anymore. :thumbsup:

I bought a RMZ250 from Orca Bay in PoCo. The price was good, but I too was surprized by undisclosed extra fees. I didn't get a good feeling about the whole thing. I called around prior to having the oil changed, and clutch adjusted. Mark at Richmond Motorsport Service had great phone manner, and took the time to explain, and suggest options in other areas I inquired about. In other words, not the usual grunting and one word blow off you can get from some dealers when you call with inquiries. When waiting to have the service I called about performed, I spoke with a couple of the sales, and parts staff. They were all just as helpful.

They get my recommendation..

DirtyDad

I just bought an 06 rmz 450 from orca bay ive had the bike a week its awesome orca bay gave me a great price and some extras .just a note as well a year ago when i had my 02 rm250 i stopped in there with an engine noise and they looked at it free of charge and that was before i was a customer.... Orca bay are good people

Cheers Rob Bullock

Well I finally made my descision and bought my bike from Richmond Motorsport. The guys were great to deal with and Ken, the service manager, was great the way he took the time to go over the entire bike with me and explain everything I needed to know and answer all my questions. I was happy with the price and the service.

Orca Bay is close to my house so I am sure they will get a bit of money from me eventually! Richmond is a long way to go for parts.

Any of you guys members of DSBC? Seems to be a lot of Poco guys here!

Took my new bike up Eagle Mountain last week. Had a blast riding on the powerline trail. :thumbsup:

bought mine at orca. Every dealer will wrestle with the price. Stick to your guns and ORCA will make one killer deal!

Thanks for the responses but you guys are about 3 weeks too late!

I have 200km on the bike already and just passed my learners skills test on Friday so I can ride without a "supervisor" :thumbsup:

I love the bike and would recommend the DRZ and Richmond Motorsport to anyone.

The short answer to your question is "no"!

I'm a novice rider and am happy with the power of the bike just stock. It's nowhere near broken in and still under warranty so I don't want to go nuts with the mods right off the bat. That said, I see there are tons of mods to be made when I am ready and am taking notes! More power is GOOD!

The tires gotta go ASAP and get replaced with knobbies. I have laid it down once in mud and once in wet grass. No damage, fortunately.

good to hear that you picked p up a bike, as you said they go over the bike very through with you and explain to you any questions you have. congrats!

Dead topic as Slyman has already bought, but I thought I would add to my previous response on Richmond Motorsport. Knowing you won't get taken to the cleaners on servicing is an important aspect of a dealer. The service manager Mark is unfortunately no longer with them. I took a 04 Suz RM65 in that had the top end go. $350 was the best case, $650 was the worst when I called ahead and spoke to the new service manager. Once the bike was in and the top end pulled off, I got call and quote of $1176 + 14% ($600 in labour alone) (&%$#@!). I complained about the price and was told $1050 +tax. I spoke to a number of other people who said this was so far out of the ball park, considering the cylindar was OK, that I should just pay the estimate and remove it. I did just that and now have it being completed for about half that. The sales team and parts guys are all still A OK, but be careful of the service pricing. Too bad as we have 5 RM65's and 1 KX100 between 3 families who were all looking for a good service location.

D