Thanks Coeshow!

Per your previous posts and dyno results, I decided to removemy 132/42 jets and take your advice of the 120/45 jets. I then removed my baffle and turned the fuel screw out 5/8 turn.

Results: I must have done it correctly because I have a slight increase in power (easier to pick up the front wheel). I must admit I had self doubt since it was my first time taking the carb apart, but when I rode it afterwards, I was pleased. :applause:

Now, if I remember correctly, will ten minutes of hard riding be enough to check the plug color?

matt

Thats a true plug test, but i think plug color can be decieving
Yes, wide open then chopping the throttle will give you an idea of where you are on the main jet only, so whats deceiving is how your jetting is in the other areas of the throttle, such as the needle (position) and idle (pilot) circuit.

The other thing that can be deceiving is trying to read your plug using reformulated pump gas, or trying to read a plug with a lot of time on it that already has a lot of carbon build up.

Best to start with a fresh plug, ride around like you would normally, for about a 1/2 hour, and then do your check. ?

Yes, wide open then chopping the throttle will give you an idea of where you are on the main jet only, so whats deceiving is how your jetting is in the other areas of the throttle, such as the needle (position) and idle (pilot) circuit.

The other thing that can be deceiving is trying to read your plug using reformulated pump gas, or trying to read a plug with a lot of time on it that already has a lot of carbon build up.

Best to start with a fresh plug, ride around like you would normally, for about a 1/2 hour, and then do your check. ?

X2. Generally, Don't base your jetting entirely off of plug color. It will give you a general idea, but it is up to you to figure out if it is jetted correctly or not.

-Phill

Yes I did, with it in the 3rd it bogged bad when I rolled onto the throttle.

That is interesting. I did the "Power up" kit and used a 128 main with the stock pilot and 1.5 turns and no bogging at all. Very smooth power delivery. I am at 1500' and riding in ~60F. Was it maybe still cold?

Per your previous posts and dyno results, I decided to removemy 132/42 jets and take your advice of the 120/45 jets. I then removed my baffle and turned the fuel screw out 5/8 turn.

Results: I must have done it correctly because I have a slight increase in power (easier to pick up the front wheel). I must admit I had self doubt since it was my first time taking the carb apart, but when I rode it afterwards, I was pleased. :bonk:

Now, if I remember correctly, will ten minutes of hard riding be enough to check the plug color?

matt

For the record, I did put the clip in the 4th groove as well. I'm taking it trail riding today, I'll report if I experience any problems or not with backfiring, etc... Although, from what I observed when riding around my house, I don't expect any ?

That is interesting. I did the "Power up" kit and used a 128 main with the stock pilot and 1.5 turns and no bogging at all. Very smooth power delivery. I am at 1500' and riding in ~60F. Was it maybe still cold?

possibly, test rode it with needle in 3rd pos. and power was ok, but with it in the 4th pos. I can blip the throttle and bring the front end up about a foot, I'm about 210 lbs think I'll leave it alone for now ?

Ride Report! I'm happy to report that the bike responds better that ever and has a lot more noticable snap in the mid to high range. ? However, I drove through some soupy mud that was about 2-feet deep and afterwards my back brake didn't work. Guess I got something to do this weekend now.