'06 RM-Z 450/'06 YZ450F Comparison help

I could tell you how great these bikes are, but really you should try and ride one. The rmz450 is an amazing bike and I cant say enough about them, but it might not be for you. If you cant test one, then just buy one, because they are so sort after you wont have any trouble selling it if for some strange reason you dont like it

• 1 year later...

Just sold my 06 YZ450f and I never liked the way it pushed in the coners. I tried everything except changing the triples to fix it and never did.

The motor was awsome though. I could ride a gear high or scream it.

Best handling bike I ever had was a 92 RM125. I still compare all my bikes to that one although it was my last 125 and last Suzuki motocrosser.

Dude it is not a good idea to ask that question in a brand specific thread. I have nothing against the rmz but everytime a person asks for a comparison in a brand specific thread, the people always tell him to get there brand of bike. Try and test ride both and get the one u like best.

Dude it is not a good idea to ask that question in a brand specific thread. I have nothing against the rmz but everytime a person asks for a comparison in a brand specific thread, the people always tell him to get there brand of bike. Try and test ride both and get the one u like best.

I didn't tell him what to buy, I simply told him the truth. ?

I didn't tell him what to buy, I simply told him the truth. ?

And i was saying the truth too. Most people here are only going to say the good things about the suzuki and the bad things about the yz450f. Look in any of the brand specific forums and u will see someone ask which is a better bike and they will almost always tell u there brand is a better choice.

Everything I say with respect to advising people on bikes is factual and based on the bikes I have owned. It is a known fact the RMZ motor is more torquey than competeting brands and the RMZ steers quicker and more preciely than competing brands. The basis of most comments on this forum and in this thread reflect these facts.

After all you dont see many people praising suzuki's brakes.

Yeah, you'll probably hear one sided opinions here but I came off an 01 yzf 426, now on an 07 RMZ 450. While an 01 and an 07 is not really fair to compare, I have had good experiences with both. The yz motor worked well although the jetting was a real pain to get right. The yz felt like it weighed 50lbs more and DID NOT TURN. I had a 97 rm 125 before that and that handled well. The yz was a step back in the handling department. I've had no issues at 40 hrs now on the rmz. I believe I'll chose the best handling bike every time from here on out.

The YZ's don't turn... the Suzuki is the best turning 450 money can buy. The Suzuki also has an awesome engine, great low and mid range especially.

too funny...a 17yr old's point of view......I am sure you have had years of experience, testing YZ's and YZf's especially on a 450...huh ?:busted:

this one is a classic:thumbsup:

I never liked the look of the YZF's either... I saw an 07 at a house party the other week and it looked very plain... I dont like the frame at all!

Get an RMZ it turns like a knife.

great logic...it looks plain, so it must not turn.....?

finally some intelligence on the question that was posted Jan 2006......

Try and test ride both and get the one u like best.

No offense guys, but I must say that the magazine test which all totally bite....offer more useful comparison info than you 2 .......?

I find it funny that you try to cut down a 17 year olds opinion. By the time I was 17 I had raced at Lorretas 5 times and had been racing for 12 years and raced numerous different bikes. ....but a 17 can't know anything......I suppose after all of those fine years of racing experience you probably race the vet "B" class.

I find it funny that you try to cut down a 17 year olds opinion. By the time I was 17 I had raced at Lorretas 5 times and had been racing for 12 years and raced numerous different bikes. ....but a 17 can't know anything......I suppose after all of those fine years of racing experience you probably race the vet "B" class.

not cutting anyone down my friend just stating fact. Your stats are great, (as you have decided to publish)but for 99% of the rest of the the world 17yr olds most likely think they know everything but many don't no much.

and yes I had my hey day at Loretta's and have been riding/racing for over 40yrs. I think I have earned my right to decide what to and what not to say.....?

too funny...a 17yr old's point of view......I am sure you have had years of experience, testing YZ's and YZf's especially on a 450...huh ?:busted:

this one is a classic:thumbsup:

great logic...it looks plain, so it must not turn.....?

finally some intelligence on the question that was posted Jan 2006......

No offense guys, but I must say that the magazine test which all totally bite....offer more useful comparison info than you 2 .......?

Im not sure how you confused what I was saying. I was saying I saw a new YZF and it looked very plain and the frame looked crap. Thats purely my opinion and I dont really care if you agree or not. No need to get personal!

Im not sure how you confused what I was saying. I was saying I saw a new YZF and it looked very plain and the frame looked crap. Thats purely my opinion and I dont really care if you agree or not. No need to get personal!

No one is getting personal......your logic in your original thread was as I stated....thanks for clarifying......the YZF looks plain and frame looks crappy whatever that means....?

No one is getting personal......your logic in your original thread was as I stated....thanks for clarifying......the YZF looks plain and frame looks crappy whatever that means....?

The frame looks like its cast alloy. Doesnt look like the graphics have changed in years.

The frame looks like its cast alloy. Doesnt look like the graphics have changed in years.

ok...you are entitled to your opinion.....and no offense meant ?

My opinion is that all Jap 450 bikes have a cast alloy alum frame and the all bikes graphics look pretty much the same as the previous years....except that Yamaha has changed things up by offering yellow and white bikes.

In fact, kaw, Hon and Suz all have the same style frame....and Yam is at least unique. But it makes no difference to me what they look like, it is what they perform like between my legs....?

Every 06 that I tested and I tested every one of them were good bikes....and everyone of them had deficiencies of some sort. On these 2, yam and Suz....the yam pushed in corners but had the better power and the smoothest running motor and the best suspension, as well as proven dependability, and maintenence schedules that no other Jap bike has matched.

The Suz had a decent motor but needed more hit, carved turns like a knife, has decent forks and terrible shock and the ridiculous maint adj for the CCT, as well as reputation of many many 05 motor issues

Both bikes can be improved even better to be top runners....different offset clamps on the Yam and different bar bend, and suspension revalving on both bikes and maintaining both bikes correctly and adding aftermkt exhaust for better power charactersitics....on both as well as better tires etc.....

oh yea....and new graphics:thumbsup: Even though I am more fond of the yellow SE graphics....so much so I own one, over the Blue model.:busted: