Sign in to follow this  

Before i buy tc 250

I been thinking about buying Tc250., for racing motocross and supermoto.and every one that has one said they are grate. I Wos racing at Glen Helen on sat, and one of the magazine test riders had the tc 250 there. One, they said that they weigh the same as a450 Honda, not 210.Two, don't shift Three, very slow, Four, don't get one. How bad are they? :thumbsup:

My $0.02.... go test one yourself and make you own decision. That what I would tell anyone thats looking at any bike.

That being said back when I had 04 TE250 I raced it against all the other 250F in H/S races and I never felt like I was giving up any power to them.

I wouldn't think there would be much difference now either. Mostly it depends on what type of power delivery you like. Each bike has their own way of putting power to the ground.

Ride one you may like it, you might not.

brown

Oh no. Here comes the "biased, paid off, gives free barbecue, sold out" ranting and raving. Just wait and see what you have unleashed now.

I been thinking about buying Tc250., for racing motocross and supermoto.and every one that has one said they are grate. I Wos racing at Glen Helen on sat, and one of the magazine test riders had the tc 250 there. One, they said that they weigh the same as a450 Honda, not 210.Two, don't shift Three, very slow, Four, don't get one. How bad are they? :thumbsup:

I doubt that it or the KTM are more than a couple pounds different in weight than a Honda.

I have ridden the TC and the much raved about SXF, can't say that I could tell the difference? And that is saying a lot!

Shifting is as good as anything out there.

So I say the magazine guy was missing the features associated with the test of one of the high volume constructors!

From the technical side, this is the engine (cam over lever valve train) that KTM just copied, the others must follow suit or they will be left behind. Husky could have been a world beater in 04-05 but made their cams a bit too mild to compete not wanting to build gernades. (that is what you get when you put too radical of cam in a 4 stroke). For 06 they hoped it up a bit but is still feels conservative to me.

Get the Honda. If you do you can get a job at a magazine writing about how great Hondas are....

In all seriousness check out the media section at www.husqvarnausa.com. The Husky line-up has generally been received well. As far a supermoto goes, Husky has the bike everybody else should be aiming at beating: you want to bang around town, keep it stock. You want a competitive race bike? Then put it on a 20 lb. diet by removing all the street kit.

I'm sure it might have a few pounds on the japanese 250fs BUT this can be a good thing!. I used to ride 125s (I am a Pro offroader) then I rode my dads TC 450 with battery it weighed around 250 pounds I think. I love that bike on a motocross track because it was extremely stable. It would stay staright where my 125 would be bouncing everywhere, because it was harder to move. Also if the TC does weigh the same as a CRF 450 it won't feel that way because of the size and rpm of the motor. Although if you love really nimble bikes you might not like those extra pounds! My conclusion: Keep an open mind and try it and another 250f back to back, you might realize it is perfect, maybe not but at least you will have made your own decision about it! :thumbsup:

Hey, My son and I recently bought Tc 250's he bought the 06 I bought an 05. We had the chance last weekend to ride with 2 KXF 250's KTM 200, YZF 250 and a KTM 450. The only bike thaT will pull either of the Husk'ys is the 450. We were riding in a riverbottom silt flood plain that really tests the overall power. These Husky's run great! They are a little soft on the bottom making for a smoother power delivery that the Japanese bikes but have every bit equal power at high rpm and they rev out to the moon. The handling is far superior than the Jap bikes and the wiehgt on the 06 is comparable. The 05 is heavier due to the electric start ( which is fantastic!!!) but when ridng the weight is not noticeable, my previous bike was 02 Yz 250F and this Husky feels lighter and more nimble. The really good thing about the Husky is the stability. It doesn't deflect or wander. If you have a good dealer source DON"T BE AFRAID TO BUY THE HUSKY!!!

Hey, My son and I recently bought Tc 250's he bought the 06 I bought an 05.

Do you feel any difference between the 05 and 06? Power? suspension? What type of riding you do with them?

Thanks, i test one this sat at glen helen. :thumbsup:

There is big difference compared to 2004. Tell us if you like it.

Have Fun

// Klas

I have the 2006 TC250 and a 2005 CRF250R. The TC250 feels WAAAAAAAAAY Lighter and had more power. It handles way better and is more smooth on the suspension. 2nd, its not slow. I was racin a guy on a CRF450R and when we stoped he was all. "Wow, i didnt think the Husky 450's were that fast." i was all its a 250. Lets say he was surprised. THe bike comes fully modded out stock. Ill name all the parts but we'll be here all day. If you wanna know them all ill tell you then. I love the bike. It dosnt have as hard of a hit as the CRF250R but i can control it easier, Cause im 16 and 160lbs. So it makes it easier to control. I can throw the bike around very easily compared to the CRF. Everything is way better IMO. THe clutch is hydralic so its way easier to use. You get a better feel. The suspension is so smooth and plush its unbievable.

I would get the TC250 if i was you. If not that means less chance of someone havin a bike like mine and more people will look at my bike and wonder. So we'll see.

I have the 2006 TC250 and a 2005 CRF250R. The TC250 feels WAAAAAAAAAY Lighter and had more power. It handles way better and is more smooth on the suspension. 2nd, its not slow. I was racin a guy on a CRF450R and when we stoped he was all. "Wow, i didnt think the Husky 450's were that fast." i was all its a 250. Lets say he was surprised. THe bike comes fully modded out stock. Ill name all the parts but we'll be here all day. If you wanna know them all ill tell you then. I love the bike. It dosnt have as hard of a hit as the CRF250R but i can control it easier, Cause im 16 and 160lbs. So it makes it easier to control. I can throw the bike around very easily compared to the CRF. Everything is way better IMO. THe clutch is hydralic so its way easier to use. You get a better feel. The suspension is so smooth and plush its unbievable.

I would get the TC250 if i was you. If not that means less chance of someone havin a bike like mine and more people will look at my bike and wonder. So we'll see.

And thats that

:thumbsup:

Makes me want to trade my 05 CRF in now lol. Definately would be a stand out at the track around here :thumbsup: