Attention CA OHV area users

For those of you that have not heard please read.

"As an Off Roader I am very concerned about the current way in which my Green Sticker funds are being mis-appropriated. I care a great deal about the environment & Off Roading, but find that the OHMVR commission has not, and is not following, their mandate to enhance OHV opportunity. I know when trails are closed, families who enjoy OHV recreation are forced onto an ever smaller & smaller trail system, which cannot handle the increased use. This harms the environment."

Please take the time to follow the links below and send a letter or attend the meeting in Sacramento if possible. As stated "the fight is on" to save and enhance the OHV areas as we know them. This is not a chain letter or a spam, it's for real and we need everyones help!

http://corva.org/Latest_Issues/2006%20OHMV%20Comission%201.html

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/WILDOMAR-OHV/message/215

I sent my letter to the governor, here was "his" reply:

Thank you for your email to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The Governor appreciates hearing from concerned and involved Californians, as well as from individuals all over the world who have an interest in California.

Governor Schwarzenegger is committed to restoring your confidence in state government. As the Governor has said, with hard work and your help, California will once again be the "Golden Dream by the Sea".

Due to the unprecedented number of emails sent to the Governor, there may be a delay in immediately responding to your email. Please know that the Governor's office is making every effort to respond to your inquiry and will ensure that your voice is heard by the Governor.

To help us respond to you, please include your email address when you communicate with the Governor's Office. Please note that we are unable to accept e-mail attachments because of the risk of Internet viruses. We ask that you please send your attachments via traditional mail to:

Office of the Governor

State Capitol Building

Sacramento, CA 95814

For more information about Governor Schwarzenegger and the State of California, please visit the California website at www.ca.gov.

Again, thank you for your email. Governor Schwarzenegger is proud to serve you and all Californians.

I was a big fan of the Terminator but there isn't a single mention of anything dirtbike related in the reply. &%$#@!?

jake28

I sent mine. ?

I also called Georgetown on Friday to get trail info and was told that if they didn't get rain by that night, the trails would be open (48 hr. drying time).

Well guess what? No new message on the Rock Creek info, line since the 18th! I talked to my Mom, who lives at the bottom of Slate Mountain, and she figures that they only got a light sprinkle sometime after 10:00 PM. I believe that was more than 48 hrs. But hey, it's just our "OHV Funds at work"!

Oh yea, When I called I talked to the Resource Manager and also asked him about volunteer info. He said he would put me on his list, and how important it was because, "They were getting very little Federal and no State Funding for trail maintainance" :bonk:

I would suggest anyone who is trully interested in riding on State or Federal land in the future, to get involved, no matter how big or small.

Here is the Georgetown contact info;

Georgetown Ranger District

Eldorado National Forest

Jon Jue, Resource Officer

main (530) 333-5550

work email: jjue@fs.fed.us