neoprene socks to protect front fork sealings

The short ones work great. Just make sure that you clean them out after any muddy ride so that the dried mud does'nt scratch your'e sliders. ?

ok, but the advantage of the long ones is that you don't have to look at them after every ride!! I wash them after every 2000 km and that's it!!

• 2 months later...

Yes I have had that problem. Also, if you do not clean the seals every time after a ride using those then dirt will dry underneath and be crammed into the seals creating a very oily mess in a short period of time. My suspension man at enzo highly recommended not using those devices at all and to just leave the seals alone altogether. ?

Yes I have had that problem. Also, if you do not clean the seals every time after a ride using those then dirt will dry underneath and be crammed into the seals creating a very oily mess in a short period of time. My suspension man at enzo highly recommended not using those devices at all and to just leave the seals alone altogether. ?

More money for his pockets when customers come in for seal replacement jobs... ?

More money for his pockets when customers come in for seal replacement jobs... ?

Quite possible from a cynical standpoint. I really think that I have received information from experience rather than greed because he knows I am sending my stuff to him every winter for a rebuild. He already has my regular maintenance so there is no motive to mislead me although I am sure those guys do exist. Actually the information given was to prevent the failure of the seal and make it last longer. I have had first hand experience with the seal savers and from them I had a major seal leakage on both forks shortly after installing them. I may not have cleaned them after every ride as you should but sometimes I don't feel like messing with it. Also cleaning the seals regularly can push debris into the fork causing more problems internally as well as possible premature damage to the seals especially if you have the seal savers. I have ridden over a 500 hard miles since rebuild without the seal savers and not cleaning the seals, no leaks to date.?

I like the idea and interested in getting some for my self. But it seems like one more thing to watch/clean...

It's really easy to clean. You have to clean the inner/down tubes of the forks to get rid of the mud/dirt anyway. All you have to do is use a hose (not jetted water) and spray inside the socks to wash any dirt away - it takes maybe 3 seconds on each side, really easy. Compare that to using 35mm film to clean them or worst case, replace them and the difference is major in time and $$ saved.

This is what happens when I use my neoprene sealings:

Afbeelding.jpg

anyone has the same problem??

No one has a solution for this little problem? The only thing I see, is to cut the white plastic protection fenders a little bit, or to remove them completely... ?

No one has a solution for this little problem? The only thing I see, is to cut the white plastic protection fenders a little bit, or to remove them completely... ?

I put the Moose seal savers on my 06 YZF, as you can see the 06 YZFs come with the fork protectors (i.e. the white collars) so that the fork guards can rub against them. Same kind of collars can be found on the Honda Showa forks. You can try to get a pair of those and put them over your seal savers for protection...