Weird trivia question...Grease 2 "scrambler"

The few times that I've seen Grease 2 I always thought that the flamed bike that the "cool rider" rode was a slightly modified--i.e. long-travel--Honda Scrambler (CL350, perhaps). I know that in the movie he supposedly puts the bike together from parts in a salvage yard, but anywho...last night I caught some bits and pieces of the movie and I couldn't ever get a good enough look at it to ID any specific pieces on the bike. Anyone have a clue what it actually is? I don't think it's a Suzuki or Yamaha street scrambler, but I could be wrong. Hodaka perhaps?

BTW, I love Honda Scramblers...my first street-legal bike was a CL100...high swept sidepipes are cool, until the first time you throw you leg over a hot bike while wearing shorts! ?

Gee, thanks for the help! :bonk: At least it's better than the first movie...it's more about motorcycles than "greased lightning" so-called "hot-rods". Gotta love the high-finned, clear-hooded car in the musical numbers! ?

I wanna build my 1978 XL350 basket case sitting in the back yard into a scrambler wannabe!

Great now I HAVE to see that movie! I had a CL72 with a bored, long rodded ported and cammed 305+ in it. It was a easy bolt in, as I remember we only had to change something with the top mount. It was a great time beating most Triumphs, BSAs, and Sportys I came across. That was the bike I was riding when I saw my first Yamaha, an R-5. Neck and neck through all four gears, but wait that cheater had a five speed and pulled me on the top end. Stupid two strokes, stupid 5 speeds, stupid stock bike! I was so mad I sold my bike with in the next month and didn't own a bike for the next 4 years. Oh, next bike......Kawasaki H-2 750. Stupid fast, and stupid poor handling!!!!

• 3 weeks later...