150 on an MX track

Just wondering if any of you have 150's that you hit the MX track on.

I'm 5'8" and weigh 170 pounds. I bought the bike to chase my kids around but now am getting the itch to learn how to ride an MX track. I'm figuring I can either beef up the 150 a bit as long as I don't have to spend too much, or sell it and buy an MX bike.

Ultimately I want to be able to clear some doubles and table tops but currently have no plans on racing. Can the 150 handle it without breaking if I stiffing it up with the BBR springs front and rear?

I asked this question a while back but it seems there are a lot more 150 owners out here now so I thought I'd ask again.

Thanks for any input.

Later,

John

I don't race myself, but have seen several others who run 150's on the track. It will handle it fine, especially after stiffer springs are installed. You may want to invest in the tripleclamp too. Makes a nice difference in the way the bike feels.

Ultimately I want to be able to clear some doubles and table tops but currently have no plans on racing. Can the 150 handle it without breaking if I stiffing it up with the BBR springs front and rear?

Im have one stone stock, im stout guy and I have no problems on the doubles. In fact, you want to make the jump, its actually better when you land in the perfect spot. 25 footers is about all she will do.

Locally we have a class just for the 150/125 CRF/TTR. Lots of fun racing in that.

Go enjoy, My son and I both have 150's with up graded suspension (one w/BBR springs and the other with progressive springs) we have been mostly riding MX tracks. We are both 5'8" plus and in the 165-180lbs range. We hit doubles and pretty hard on the whoops etc..... Keep your self young.