dirtriders 450 shootout

so just got my new dirtrider today so the riders took there vote 1st CRF450 94.8 ... 2nd KX450f 92.8 .... 3rd RMZ450 90.1 .... 4th KTM450sx 89.5 and last was the yz with 88.6 ..... looking at the other ratings they had the yz was right there with the crf and kx in power and just behind crf in hp ratings ...

I don't know about these shootouts. Ktm's and YZ's seemed to be getting low ratings and I think this is because they are not paying the magazine as much as Kawi (Not that they need to ? ) and honda. Everyone that I know that has an 06 YZ or KTM loves them. Especially the KTM 250 sxf. They are very fast and the people I know that have them could not be happier, yet they are behind the suzuki rmz 250, which is an unchanged bike.

They also say that they are splitting hairs to pick winners out of a group of great machines. The tests are based on opinions of test riders regarding preference and adjustability. Some of the testers actually have the same comments as some of us. :bonk: Want to see some biased feedback on TT, go check out some of Motomouths threads on the KXF. Any rider can switch bike brands and be at the same competitive level on all of the bikes. Ride and enjoy, and try not to get too wound up about being on the best bike or not. (to other people) ?

I don't know about these shootouts. Ktm's and YZ's seemed to be getting low ratings and I think this is because they are not paying the magazine as much as Kawi (Not that they need to ? ) and honda. Everyone that I know that has an 06 YZ or KTM loves them. Especially the KTM 250 sxf. They are very fast and the people I know that have them could not be happier, yet they are behind the suzuki rmz 250, which is an unchanged bike.

I would never rely on the magazines as a sole basis to choose which bike to spend $6500 on. People need to get out to dealers and local tracks to check out the bikes instead of relying on other's biased opinions.