Lets see your vintage ride

ktmoose465

Bike looks good, but isn't that frnt wheel off a 125? The first 125's had those smaller front hubs, I belive?

Thanks, this bike is a WR which mostly use as a cross country bike (like enduros). I race this bike in the SoCal desert back in the day. Also that hub is designed for a speedometer, the motocross bikes had the smaller hubs.

I liked it because of the wide-ratio gearing (WR) for desert racing, most folks like the close-ratio gearing (CR) the motocross bikes over the WR's, they were basically ready to race with a few mods.

• 4 months later...
Bike looks good, but isn't that frnt wheel off a 125? The first 125's had those smaller front hubs, I belive?

Darn sorry for the late reply, that hub came with all the WR's for the use of a speedometer for enduro racing. Also had wiring for lights. I use to race it in the desert back in the say I liked the gearing over the CR.

229.jpg?t=1278788178 this is my 1979 tt500

I want your bike, okay maybe one like yours:smirk:, love the old XT/TT's!

I don´t know, is a relic...

I know if you put many miles on it, it will just become another old bike in great shape. I like to ride my bikes, not sure I want a collector piece, though they are nice to look at.

Where did you find this bike?

I have no idea what i would do in a situation like that. Having a bike with zero miles!

I wouldn't ride it. So it would be no real fun, but i wouldn't sell it because i'd want to have it and wouldn't want people to put miles on it... HMMM

Maybe sell to weird museum or yamaha dealer though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...