ktmoose465

Lets see your vintage ride

I'd like to see what you guys have out there, here is my vintage ride. '73 CR450 Husky. It my not thump, but it is vintage! :thumbsup:

husky04.jpg

husky01.jpg

• Like 7

A biker version of your show me yours, I'll show you mine???

Just about finished this one:

elsie1.jpg

I've had this one for , oh about 34yrs now:

penton4.jpg

(Ignore the Vintage rider!!)

• Like 8

www.dorkpunch.com , and look in the garage! speaking of new additions, we just added another... to the family!! we had our second son about 2 hours ago!!! boys are good, means i get more bikes!!
  • Like 1

Well mine doesn't thump either, but here it is:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/fretslider51/P9240004.jpg

This summer I have to do a little carburetor work and likely a top end rebuild. Last time I took it out, I hit 30mph in 5th gear pinned after about a mile of acceleration. :bonk: The bike has actually been my Grandpa's for the last 25 years, and he rode the hell out of it all the way through. I'm 14 and don't have a full time job so I enjoy doing engine work when I'm bored. Haha I will probably buy it from him when I'm 16 and ride it to school... I don't care if the CBR600 guys at my school do make fun of me, because I know I can wheelie a hell of a lot further than they can. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'd like to see what you guys have out there, here is my vintage ride. '73 CR450 Husky. It my not thump, but it is vintage! :bonk:

husky04.jpg

husky01.jpg

Is that bare metal on the side sections of the tank? It looks kool! :thumbsup:

If it's bare, did you coat anything over it to keep it from rusting?

M

Dorkpunch,

I realize that this isn't really on the subject of Vintage Bike Pics, but "Congratulations!!!!" on gettin' a new son!!! :eek::p:thumbsup: Does this mean you'll be lookin' for another CT70 soon??? :bonk::thumbsup::worthy:

Dorkpunch,

I realize that this isn't really on the subject of Vintage Bike Pics, but "Congratulations!!!!" on gettin' a new son!!! :eek::p:thumbsup: Does this mean you'll be lookin' for another CT70 soon??? :bonk::thumbsup::worthy:

not unless its a realy good deal! already got one! need to expand the collection, hopin for an mr50 or the likes... thanks! i've got some more of my vintage ride pics coming- just got the rest of the parts for the yz and as soon as i get some time i'll get it put back together and put some pics up.

Is that bare metal on the side sections of the tank? It looks kool! :thumbsup:

If it's bare, did you coat anything over it to keep it from rusting?

M

not to familiar with the huskys, but if i remember right the whole tank was chromed, and then most of it was painted red but that part was left exposed. sure is a nice looking bike!!

not to familiar with the huskys, but if i remember right the whole tank was chromed, and then most of it was painted red but that part was left exposed. sure is a nice looking bike!!

Yeah it is! I almost did something similiar when i repainted mine... though it wouldnt have looked NEARLY as goodLOL

Oh, and congrats on your new son! :thumbsup:

M

I usually have a few going at once. I like to pace myself. Here's a couple of my projects:

This one is almost done. Gotta get the pipe painted and installed, couple detail items. 75 CR125M

photos1035.jpg

This one is in the back of the shop waiting its turn. My first non-Japanese attempt. 74 250CR Mag

husky1.jpg

Here's a QA50 that I restored for a friend. The only thumper in the lot! It started out as a complete basket case.

MVC-197F.jpg

I have a couple more Honda CRs and an RM370 but I'll have to dig for some more pics.

One is a 73 CR250, almost done too. And a 77 CR125 that I'm modifying with period parts. I'm also restoring a CL100 for my brother. It's scattered right now.

I usually have a few going at once. I like to pace myself. Here's a couple of my projects:

This one is almost done. Gotta get the pipe painted and installed, couple detail items. 75 CR125M

photos1035.jpg

This one is in the back of the shop waiting its turn. My first non-Japanese attempt. 74 250CR Mag

husky1.jpg

Here's a QA50 that I restored for a friend. The only thumper in the lot! It started out as a complete basket case.

MVC-197F.jpg

I have a couple more Honda CRs and an RM370 but I'll have to dig for some more pics.

One is a 73 CR250, almost done too. And a 77 CR125 that I'm modifying with period parts. I'm also restoring a CL100 for my brother. It's scattered right now.

You sound like a very busy man. I also have two 441 victors "on the bench", a cl77 Honda scrambler (complete but needs paint), and a '75 CR360 GP Husky newly aquired rolling basket case, all in the works.