ktmoose465

Lets see your vintage ride

yeah...I'm committed to staying in riding shape. The '88 CR250 is my practice bike. I don't put hours on the '83 CR250 unless its a race weekend.

the '88 is a crazy bike...still too much for me at this point...but I was feeling different things today. This bike really forces me to pay attention to my front/rear weight distribution.

IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9294.JPG

• Like 8

6 hours ago, SlowDinoDog said:

yeah...I'm committed to staying in riding shape. The '88 CR250 is my practice bike. I don't put hours on the '83 CR250 unless its a race weekend.

the '88 is a crazy bike...still too much for me at this point...but I was feeling different things today. This bike really forces me to pay attention to my front/rear weight distribution.

IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9294.JPG

Neat, Man...very cool bikes!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SlowDinoDog said:

yeah...I'm committed to staying in riding shape. 

I'm  actually thinking of getting a good BMX bike to combine cardio and jump training. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vince 1 said:

Just finished this can’t wait to test it out

10173BCD-8FFB-4161-9BCB-14F25DE9A7A1.jpeg

👍👍:applause:  WOW! I know its not cool but I would put the fork boots on it.

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

I agree.  Gotta protect a bunch of those super-rare  fork parts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Haha your right it just doesn’t look the same already tried it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vince 1 said:

Bite the bullet and do it. - UNLESS you built a trailer queen.  In that case, you've got a lot more stuff to polish.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:05 AM, SlowDinoDog said:

IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9294.JPG

Raced against a lot of those '88's on my kx250's back in the day. Those and the '87 CR's always gave me fits.

JBmoto65.jpg.15f419b3d2f1e0e0626704fca4a6f2f1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/1/2020 at 8:48 PM, vince 1 said:

Check your PMs... 🙂

• Like 1

I was just given this 1974 Suzuki TS 185 for free from a buddy of mine he hadn’t run it in 10 year but I got her home and cleaned her and got her runnin and ridin just have a lot of work to do ( the picture is before I washed it ) 

227C30EB-56E7-4542-8F66-92A3C81D935C.jpeg

• Like 4

I'm still riding this old bike...38 years old and counting. Whatever Al Baker did to the engine is nothing short of magical.

I've ridden this thing from Devore to Chloride City, my longest ride yet requiring a sleepover in the open desert, through terrain and canyons where there is no cell signal and even GPS won't function, and it's always brought me back home.

20200614_061455.jpg

On 6/12/2020 at 10:24 AM, VAN1SH3D said:

I was just given this 1974 Suzuki TS 185 for free from a buddy of mine he hadn’t run it in 10 year but I got her home and cleaned her and got her runnin and ridin just have a lot of work to do ( the picture is before I washed it ) 

227C30EB-56E7-4542-8F66-92A3C81D935C.jpeg

Wow!!!

What size is that front tire???

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, El Extremo said:

I'm still riding this old bike...38 years old and counting. Whatever Al Baker did to the engine is nothing short of magical.

I've ridden this thing from Devore to Chloride City, my longest ride yet requiring a sleepover in the open desert, through terrain and canyons where there is no cell signal and even GPS won't function, and it's always brought me back home.

20200614_061455.jpg

Wow!!!

If you like doing rides like that, you should invest in one of the spot locators that use satellite signals.  There are a couple of versions and I see them discussed most often in the Dual Sport & Adventure sub-forum.  It could save your bacon!

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, El Extremo said:

20200614_061455.jpg

Wow!!!

It has a 21 inch front tire on it 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, El Extremo said:

Man, i wish you lived closer. I got a nice Maxxis Int/hard 80/100/21 hanging in my garage!!!!!

Yeah I’m in the process of sanding and priming the front/rear fenders and the oil cover, getting The tank sand blasted tomorrow and ready for paint will have pics of the painted in decaled bike soon, after that it’s time for rust removal and after rust I need to find tires. But I will post a pic in a few days of the painted bike 

• Like 2