On 9/21/2020 at 7:34 PM, mxaniac said:

My current vintage collection:

20200907_183527.jpg.6d4e331c77c6207f5600400f5821bd20.jpg

77 CR125

20200914_115336.jpg.85ce6880088d548d1c6cde1b81d93906.jpg

79 CR250

20200914_115344.jpg.7b614799c668faa77d1aae5205ddaa0d.jpg

81 Maico 490

I’m so sorry to see this. I have a very nice condition Husky 510TX, first year. Imagining losing that piece of history with its sentimental value would be heartbreaking. I have a KTM 520SX and that bike is my version of your CR. Take care. As hard as it is, machinery can be replaced, but people can’t. Glad you are safe. My thoughts are with you. As you rebuild, I will donate any spare parts I can to help you out. Just message me when the time comes. 

Warren 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willie71 said:

I’m so sorry to see this. I have a very nice condition Husky 510TX, first year. Imagining losing that piece of history with its sentimental value would be heartbreaking. I have a KTM 520SX and that bike is my version of your CR. Take care. As hard as it is, machinery can be replaced, but people can’t. Glad you are safe. My thoughts are with you. As you rebuild, I will donate any spare parts I can to help you out. Just message me when the time comes. 

Warren 

Thanks Warren.  Everyone got away safe and sound so all is well.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2020 at 4:09 AM, P-Schrauber said:

That is my "ride" and probably onw of the oldest dirt bikes here, it is an Ardie BD175 as Trials bike, model is from 1953, that bike was build in 1954 then was registered until 1962, then stood in a barn until now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The bike is a complete rebuild and some enhances where made, wheels are "new" with CZ hubs and light Acront rims, and new stainless steel spokes with tluminium nipples. Front fork is indeed hydraulik (one of the first hydraulic and progressive ever made) is original but wheel mount a bit changed.

Carb is new also ignition and upper engine layout, ports and so on the exhaust is put up. Rear schocks are springless French Fournales, very light too.

The engine a two stroke with double exhaust outlet, was developed by Fritz Gosslau an former plane engineer who also developed the Fieseler 103 (first cruise missile) in WWII.

The bike is since spring 2020 again road registered.

Fantastic....I love to see the really old bikes brought back to life.  I thought I'd heard of just about all bikes since the 50s, but that's a totally new one for me.  I have a friend in the Bay Area of CA who collects just about any vintage bike he can get hold of.  I'm sure he's heard of it but I'll send the photos to him just in case.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MotoMac said:

Fantastic....I love to see the really old bikes brought back to life.  I thought I'd heard of just about all bikes since the 50s, but that's a totally new one for me.  I have a friend in the Bay Area of CA who collects just about any vintage bike he can get hold of.  I'm sure he's heard of it but I'll send the photos to him just in case.

MotoMac the Ardie is indeed not very common but have been ridden as a trials bike in the 50's and 60's.

The engineer of the motor was a former airplane engineer who worked for the Fieseler company and developed the Fieseler Storch which was one of the first ultra light airplanes and the Fieseler 103 also known as V1 which was one of the first cruise missiles. 

The engineer worked for Dürkopp in Bielefeld and as Dürkopp did not had any machines to build engines these where build by ARdie, from Ardie came the first telescopic and hydraulic fork with progressiv damping which is also attached to the bike. Ardie later sold all of their machinery to build bikes to Dürkopp and just focused on hydraulics from 1956 on.

Fritz Gosslau who was the engineer of the motor went to Fokker in the Netherlands working as an engineer for airplanes again.

Here a page out of a magazine with a dirt bike Ardie:

spacer.png

The Article is from 1963 about a trials in Schatthausen.

Here the progressive hydraulic fork of the Ardie shown in a section and the explanation how it works:

spacer.png

• Like 3

Did some detail work on the Alpina, cleaned up all the old dirt and grease under the engine and found an old Harley tail light... mounted it with a custom leather thong I had been saving for a special occasion.... of course!

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

Edited by El Hosel
added photos
  • Like 6

YamahaAfter.jpg.f20080e3e91c257ca1490a73ec2b1f9c.jpg

First bike. $700. Fixed things on it and got it running in the past month. Really enjoying riding it even though I've only gotten a couple chances so far. Want to sell and buy a nicer/larger displacement vintage bike. Glad I bought a bike now instead of waiting until I'm an adult, I'd never touched a motorcycle prior to this and never knew it'd be so fun. Hope I'll have time for bikes in college.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JustinXR said:

Those are great bikes, I had a 74

454BD257-77DB-4054-92DE-E5D1B00A0979.jpeg

Lucky, that one looks great. I'd like to get a 73 RT3. Since my AT3 tops out at 60 it really isn't viable for road use. Not to mention the lack of features making it street legal. The style of the Yamaha enduros is really unbeatable though, that's why I'd get a bigger one.

• Like 2

I like how these old Yamahas look, the TT and XT500 are my favorites for looks. I bought mine because I wanted a street legal two stroke, I got tired of the street so I ended up selling it and getting an old cr500. Maybe I could another one, but I have a thing for horsepower and DTs aren’t big on power. 

• Like 1

Takes a pair of f-ing balls to ride a heavy old motherfker like that ha ha, my XR600 scares me a little more than any 500 two stroke LOL. 

My 1984 TT600, bought it for $800 a year ago.... It sat a long time so it was clean andlow hours, I put the Rickman Fiberglass on it.  I weigh 160, the bike can't even tell if I am on or off.

84 TT600 after.jpg

Edited by El Hosel
added photos
  • Like 4

Looks great, what's that under the cover behind it??

1971 TS 250, bought for $100 back in December 2018, 

IMG_7683.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

• Like 3