Terlingua Texas

Went for a short ride yesterday (80 miles), near Terlingua Texas. The county dirt roads are a blast. Was wondering If any of you guys ever go down there? I have been out there quite a few times in my Jeep but never on a bike. The Xr650r is everything I hoped it would be. I hit top speed several times in the dirt and felt stable. The faster I went, the smoother the bike was. I also had a little fun in the corners. The bike feels more stable sliding sideways as opposed to trying to ride on the maintainer berms. Let me know If any of you guys come out to the Big Bend area, I will be glade to show you around.

I'm a Texas native living in Michigan. Everytime I get back (~2yrs or so) I head out that way. I love Big Bend. I mainly did the paved roads on my Duck. How extensive are the dirt roads out there? I love to stay at the Gage and ride down into the park each day. Later.

Went for a short ride yesterday (80 miles), near Terlingua Texas. The county dirt roads are a blast. Was wondering If any of you guys ever go down there? I have been out there quite a few times in my Jeep but never on a bike. The Xr650r is everything I hoped it would be. I hit top speed several times in the dirt and felt stable. The faster I went, the smoother the bike was. I also had a little fun in the corners. The bike feels more stable sliding sideways as opposed to trying to ride on the maintainer berms. Let me know If any of you guys come out to the Big Bend area, I will be glade to show you around.

Hey there are lots of us that ride down at Terlingua. Do you ever go to www.texasoffroad.com or www.twtex.com ? You'll find lots of people there who visit that area on a regular basis. You need to go to either on of those sites and look for Rocketman. He knows that area real well and I'm sure he'd like to meet you. There's no doubt that the 650R handles that terrain like a dream. That's what it was made for.

Keep in touch.

So how do you find gainful employment in Texas these days? I left TX for to get a job, and can't seem to find my way back. Very frustrating living in a state that has a 7 month riding season. Sorry for hijacking the thread, just frustrated. Anyone need an engineer, will work for gas & tires?

I have to work 50+ hours a week to live in a 74,000 dollar double wide here in Alpine. My house in Snyder, Texas was a Brick house with two car garage cost only 53,000. I am college educated and a aircraft mechanic-pilot and a too poor to run my Jeep. Thats why I bought a mint condition XR. It is soooo much cheaper to run the pig than the rockcrawler Jeep.