Crf150f or not

I used to have a CR85 and I raced motocross with it, but two or three times a year we'd go up to Michigan and ride trails, and it worked fine there. I'd say go with a two stroke 85, it will work fine in the woods, and if you ever decide you want to race motocross or even just do a few practices at a motocross track (which I suggest you try) your bike will be able to do it.

My GF went from a KX100 two stroke to a CRF150f.

While it was a step down in peak power, it was a huge step up in rideabillity. On the KX, if she was riding a trail that she was unfamiliar with, she'd find herself behind the powerband and in the wrong gear sometimes and end up stalling the bike in awkward places.

What the 150 lacks in top HP, it tends to make up for in low end torque and tractabillity when riding technical trails. On singletrack, I'm as fast or faster on my 150 as on my 400exc (I've been riding dirt bikes for 25+ years). For my GF (who's been riding motorcycles for years, but dirt bikes for just over a year), she's made much more progress on her skills and confidence riding the 150 than she ever did on the KX100.

--Fillmore

You could always buy a CRF150 and put the extra money you would have spent on the other bikes in the motor and suspension and have a shorter fun trail bike... I have two of them for sale from stock to wild... give me a PM if you need one...