Sign in to follow this  

"POLL" What is your favoite bike shop

RMC has parts but try buying a bike with tattered work clothes and grease on your hands. They wont even look at you............

Last year I went in there looking like a homeless guy after working under a car all day long and i had three Sales guys look me up and down and you could see the look in their eyes like "This Scumbag has no Cash"... Well I got pissed at the attitude and went down to Hinshaws and bought an 06 crf450, a CRF 230, a CRF 70, and about $2000.00 worth of upgrades and gear....Judging a book by its cover cost RMC about $14000.00 in sales from a "homeless guy"......And future business has gone BYE BYE....................Idiots!!!

I like Seattle Cycle Center. I used to live a block away and they've always treated me right. Become a regular customer there and you'll never pay list price.. they just automatically mark it down at the register. :thumbsup:

Renton Motorcycles gets my vote! Sometimes they get a bad wrap just because they're the biggest shop around. But I've had great luck there and they've always treated me right. Besides, like someone said before, where else can you go shop for bike stuff, ride on an indoor track and have dinner and a beer when you're done! Not to mention the girls and the great selection of stuff. :thumbsup:

So far I'd have to say condotta's for when buying a new bike I've bought 3 YZ's from them and the trans action each time has been qwick and smooth approved me other the phone paid less than msrp tax included except moses lake yamaha almost got my money this time. Eastside used to be kewl but they lack on anything in stock compared when they first opened up a few years ago they went more street. Best dirt shops with decent off road stuff lynnwood motoplex and RMC, the guys at monroe kawie are kewl when I wanted parts for my kx 125. I really don't waste my time to much with dealers most of the time it's mail order like motosports or rocky mountain. I think the one shop that has pissed me off the most recently was everett powersports trying to sell my lil bro a whole carb for his RM then proceed to argue with me about when it was just an o-ring on the carb bowl bolt to stop the leaking. Ya a trip later to lowe's and 59cent later it was fixed. I really don't have a fav shop most of the time they don't have what I want in stock but they can order it for me from like parts unlimited heh thats like doing mail order threw the shop why pay more when I can do it myself.

Moses Lake Powersports by far has to be my favorite shop. They are very knowledgeable, great staff, awesome prices, all the same people working there for years. I could go on forever about all the good things about the shop and as for bad there are none! Did I mention you can also get an awesome race motor built there. As for all of you that mail order I feel sorry for you. Why don't you try to build a good relationship with a shop! No one else will ever have my buisness but MOSES LAKE POWERSPORTS! Oh it doesn't matter how greasy and dirty you are, they show respect for everyone who comes in. THANK YOU MOSES LAKE POWERSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Eilers (Toes)

I would have to agree on Seattle Cycle Center.....they are a small shop and they do all they can to support the sport and the racers and riders....they treat you like you are one of them....from Bud the owner to Eric in the shop...they are just really fair....and can get you whatever you need. :thumbsup:

I would have to agree on Seattle Cycle Center.....they are a small shop and they do all they can to support the sport and the racers and riders....they treat you like you are one of them....from Bud the owner to Eric in the shop...they are just really fair....and can get you whatever you need. :thumbsup:

I agree but I miss the days of the $39.99 S-12's mounted though :bonk:

RMC has parts but try buying a bike with tattered work clothes and grease on your hands. They wont even look at you............

Last year I went in there looking like a homeless guy after working under a car all day long and i had three Sales guys look me up and down and you could see the look in their eyes like "This Scumbag has no Cash"... Well I got pissed at the attitude and went down to Hinshaws and bought an 06 crf450, a CRF 230, a CRF 70, and about $2000.00 worth of upgrades and gear....Judging a book by its cover cost RMC about $14000.00 in sales from a "homeless guy"......And future business has gone BYE BYE....................Idiots!!!

RMC is stuck up sure, I've seen that myself, but i'll buy from RMC before i'll even drive in the vicinity of I-90 Motorsports.........

Moses Lake Powersports by far has to be my favorite shop. They are very knowledgeable, great staff, awesome prices, all the same people working there for years. I could go on forever about all the good things about the shop and as for bad there are none! Did I mention you can also get an awesome race motor built there. As for all of you that mail order I feel sorry for you. Why don't you try to build a good relationship with a shop! No one else will ever have my buisness but MOSES LAKE POWERSPORTS! Oh it doesn't matter how greasy and dirty you are, they show respect for everyone who comes in. THANK YOU MOSES LAKE POWERSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Eilers (Toes)

Ditto! I admit I am biased. :thumbsup: What a good bunch of guys, I just wish they sold my new favorite brand of bike, can't get the blue bikes plated in our great state. :bonk: The knowledgeable staff there will hook you up.

My issue with local shops in the Tacoma/Federal Way area is nobody seems to stock Suzuki parts. I guess they are the bastard, red-haired, step-child of dirtbikes. I believe in supporting local shops but when they don't have the simplest parts in stock, it's much easier for me to order them online myself.

The dealership that has gone out of their way to do right by me (twice) is Camp Motorsports (used to be Dick's Suzuki) in Spokane.

A couple of years ago when they were still Dick's Suzuki, I was calling all over the state for a throttle cable (known issue with DRZ's) prior to a week riding vacation near Spokane. Nobody had one and all were willing to order for me but I had no time. I finally called Dick's they had three (two OEM and one aftermarket. Saved my ride.

About a year and a half ago, I was riding in the Spokane area when I noticed oil dripping from my countershaft seal (another known issue with DRZ's). I called Camp Motorsports. They ordered the parts in overnight. The next day I showed up at about 11 a.m. They took the bike in back and fixed it while I waited. Incredible service.

Scott

tasky's in everett. only local husky dealer. cool guys :thumbsup:

I totally agree!! Tasky's can get me anything I need for my bike

. Another good shop is Girvasi's for the road bike. It's hard to find a shop when your a gal that will take you seriously. I strongly recommend both. I bought my Husky form Tasky it was the best experience in purchase to date. NO B.S.

Since moving to Idaho I haven't found a good local shop. The big one in Post Falls didn't impress me at all. The Honda dealer in CDA was nice and very willing to help. (will go back to again) The other one in Washington.. still up in the air. The parts guy at the counter was a jerk. Trying to be all smart ass with the pronunciation on Acerbis. It threw me off. He made is sound all foreign, like I was ordering from a French menu. The other 2 seemed OK to everyone else. I will give them one more try. Anyways, until then I will call up Tasky's and ship it to me or stop by when visiting the parents.

I have shopped I-90 Motorsports for 10 years, and then finally bought a bike there. I do all service myself and probably would not go anywhere for service.

I have shopped I-90 Motorsports for 10 years, and then finally bought a bike there. I do all service myself and probably would not go anywhere for service.

Rob....can I throw a couple beers your way to help me check my ol' valves????

I dont have one, my days off are the 2 days all dealers are closed. I buy everything online, I use online fische, get much better discounts. One site, I get 25% off of all my KTM parts. ANd I look them up and know I'm getting the right ones everytime.