Clarke oversized tank

clarke tank is 3.7 gal and not not much wider then the ims that I relaced

What year is your Husky? My understanding is that Clarke has not yet mass produced a tank that fits properly on the 06 bikes. They told me one would be in production sometime in Feb. I hope so, cause I've got some long rides planned............

R

True... they'll have tanks out next month for distribution.

I have one (one of the first two made before their mold tool broke), It's 3.7G, I'll post some better pics today.

It's not much wider at all over the stock shrouds. Only because you don't use the stock shrouds when you use this oversize tank.

stay tuned.... pics later.

The rad guards are no bigger than the radiators themselves (R&D Husky). They should fit fine.

John, a black Rock Stompa gas cap would look very cool on that tank. Albeit, an expensive piece of bling.

Is there still room for rad guards? It looks like the sides of the tank might give some protection too...

There's no shroud screw holes or mounts that would allow the shrouds back on the tank. Plus... It'd make it wider than it is now.

Dennis... aren't those thing SUPA high dollar?! ?

Your right ... it'd look nice. However, You can't dress up a turd! ?

:bonk:

John are you the same Johnnyair time that jumped the on coming train in the early 90's on mount hood for fox?

Nope... that's Roger Wells.

Don't ask me how he got his "johnny" name from Roger ?

I got my name from... well, see my avatar... and my friends, before Roger was televised. What's cool... is we both rode CR500s at the time.

Roger's retired from jumpin'... but you can see all his work at Johnnyairtime.COM

?

currently - 02 998, 06 1200GS, 06 TE510, 04 300EXC, 01 300EXC, 02 400EXC, 98 XR400, 96 360MXC, 97 YZF1000.

E-Too tmax, e-too ?:bonk:?

I read your threads early on about the KTM and the XR400 when I owned one. Now a KTM owner, I too am looking at the 510 or 610 due to the lack of KTM dual sporting....

Ride on.

Don't ask me how he got his "johnny" name from Roger :bonk:

I got my name from... well, see my avatar... and my friends, before Roger was televised. What's cool... is we both rode CR500s at the time.

Roger's retired from jumpin'... but you can see all his work at Johnnyairtime.COM

?

If thats you in the avatar ?

I have trouble with doubles :bonk: It kills me on WORCS and GP style races that have moto tracks. I got to get that big jumping thing sorted ASAP. I like to jump and love tracks like Washougal (45 minutes from my house) with big rollers but the peak to peak stuff I'm a girl.

If thats you in the avatar ?

Here's the pic blown up... no editing. On my 3 day old CR500 with a knobby... 5th gear. And seriously wide open.

jj-glamis-2.jpg

I have trouble with doubles ? It kills me on WORCS and GP style races that have moto tracks. I got to get that big jumping thing sorted ASAP. I like to jump and love tracks like Washougal (45 minutes from my house) with big rollers but the peak to peak stuff I'm a girl.

No worries there either... I too am a "jumper" with troubles on tracks where you have to follow or race in a rut. Ruts are my worst enemy. So I practice in them every change I get. I've got the same issue with some D38 friends... who'll do 110mph all day long, but HATE to leave the ground. They'll catch 2' of air and think they were up there for a day. :bonk: It's all mind over matter..... :bonk:

Don't ask me how he got his "johnny" name from Roger ?

?

sorry for the confusion, I grew up around Hood River and if I remember correctly Johny #2 had a wind surf shop their. Any way glad to see your now on a Husky :bonk: I am the owner of the other Clarke tank(the yellow one) it sits a little high, but the fit and air flow is far better then the IMS it replaced.

sorry for the confusion, I grew up around Hood River and if I remember correctly Johny #2 had a wind surf shop their. Any way glad to see your now on a Husky ? I am the owner of the other Clarke tank(the yellow one) it sits a little high, but the fit and air flow is far better then the IMS it replaced.

No worries ? ... it happens every so often where someone actually thinks I'm trying to "be" him. Anyway... I agree, my Clarke is doing me well too. Between the IMS having some fuel down low (probably half a gallon or 4 pounds of weight) and it blocking more air... it's a battle for the "woods" guys who wouldn't be getting so much air through the radiator however who would have a lower center of gravity. I can handle 4 more pounds up high, to be able to have that air flow I need.

... And I'm surely not worried about the extra pounds on me or my fanny pack! I think my fanny pack weighs in now at about 12 pounds. It was 18!

:bonk: to Clarke! And you TE Rider!