Sign in to follow this  

Drz Choke (help needed)

Anyone know why my choke could be over reving when it is fully on and the bike gets red hot?? Its not making any attempt to start stalling with the choke on when it gets hot. Its fine if i push it in once its hot...But when the bikes running and i pull the choke half out the bike revs up louder?? does this sound right to you???

okay,one more time.the bike either has a partially plugged pilot jet or lean fuel screw settting.

there is nothing wrong with the choke.its working how it supposed to.

the idle is lean.when you turn the choke on it adds fuel and the idle goes up.

it only takes a few minutes of increased revs at idle for the bike to get way hot.

if you open your fuel screw, it should allow you to drop the idle. you may need a bigger pilot jet. or you might have a clogged pilot or an air leak like burned has said(a few times i think).

Hey burned, if I let my bike warm up and then pull out the choke it starts to run really bad. What should I do??? :thumbsup:

Hey burned, if I let my bike warm up and then pull out the choke it starts to run really bad. What should I do??? :bonk:

I would vote, don't use the choke on a warmed up motor and listen to what burned, ROUNDEYEHELMETHEAD and company have advised. Make a note, they give good advice. Hope this helps.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: