Sign in to follow this  

Breaking in 06YZ450F

Nice job Nice bike and after all these years PANTERA still :thumbsup: Rules

I'm green with envy, my friend. I love my YZF, but there's not denying those are the king. Congratulations. That was breaking it in? :thumbsup: Lol :bonk:

cool. looks like you have a lot of other bikes too. if you ever want to share i can help you ride all of them.

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys. The track belongs to a friend. It is called DDMX Ranch in Agua Dulce,Texas. It is about 30 miles west of Corpus Christi. Of course all the credit goes to my friend Randy who made the video. I was just playing around and getting used to the bike. You could imagine what kind of video he could make with a pro rider. I am going to get a helmet cam and we will try some more video. Anybody have strong recommendations on what type of helmet cam is best? As far as the bikes, most have been sold. I still have the 01 520SX (with full Ohlins suspension), the 05 CRF, and of course my new Yamaha.

The CRF is a great bike. That being said, the YZF feels a little lighter, a little smaller, and alot smoother. The YZF turns better, and the suspension is more plush. The CRF has much more of a "hit" when it comes on. Once I put stiffer springs in the CRF it handled awesome as well. These bikes are not as far apart as the magazines would have you believe, but for me, the YZF is a little better. Will it make me 5 seconds per lap faster?-no, but it might make me 0.5 seconds a lap faster, and able to do more laps at that speed. As you can see from the video I am an old guy. I have 46 years worth of bad knees, broken ribs, a broken back and dislocated shoulders to deal with :thumbsup: . Ultimately, after I get used to it, I think I will be a little faster on the YZF.

The CRF is a great bike. That being said, the YZF feels a little lighter, a little smaller, and alot smoother. The YZF turns better, and the suspension is more plush. The CRF has much more of a "hit" when it comes on. Once I put stiffer springs in the CRF it handled awesome as well. These bikes are not as far apart as the magazines would have you believe, but for me, the YZF is a little better. Will it make me 5 seconds per lap faster?-no, but it might make me 0.5 seconds a lap faster, and able to do more laps at that speed. As you can see from the video I am an old guy. I have 46 years worth of bad knees, broken ribs, a broken back and dislocated shoulders to deal with :thumbsup: . Ultimately, after I get used to it, I think I will be a little faster on the YZF.

Thanks, I really appreciate unbiased opinions and it would not make a difference if I rode a CRF or the YZF for me either. Both are great bikes.