Sign in to follow this  

Need "IronWomen" for TSCO Vegas to Reno

I am going to try to get an actual "Iron Woman" class made in the Vegas to Reno race in August.

I plan on doing the event, if all goes well. I need 2-3 other females that want to "IronWoman" the event in order to get a class of "our own".

Anyone interested in doing a long distance race in August? If so, please PM me or e mail me at revjaybird@yahoo.com .

It's approx. 600 miles in a day. "IronWoman" would mean that each of us in the class ride our own race, this is not a team race.

You need a decent bike (full sized race bike not an 80, 100, etc), good lights, and a pit crew or money to pay for Honda to pit you and the entry fee.

peace,

janette

Sounds cool! BikeDestroyer, you gonna jump on that? Thorina, can you find out if Heather Wilson or Kelley Yancey are interested?

Thorina, did you ask Brandon to be on your team?

Sounds cool! BikeDestroyer, you gonna jump on that? Thorina, can you find out if Heather Wilson or Kelley Yancey are interested?

????????? Have no idea how to contact either of them.

I'd rather bug Kelly into driving a sidecaar for me. That would be cool!

pece,

janette

Thorina, did you ask Brandon to be on your team?

Now you KNOW I cannot answer this like I'd want to!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just mean, Hokie....mean, mean, mean!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

peace,

janette

Ok, then feel free to contact them. My idea is not to make a class of basically Pro level women. They could have done that all by themselves. They certainly don't need my help. LOL

I am trying to make a class for true amature level women to compete. I think it would be cool.

peace,

janette

Well, just an idea. You wanted more women to race, and not a whole lot of ams are going to be up to that kind of event. but i do hope you find someone.

Well, just an idea. You wanted more women to race, and not a whole lot of ams are going to be up to that kind of event. but i do hope you find someone.

By making a "women's" class, I was hoping to eliminte the intimidation factor of having to race with men. (read: have no hopes of being competitive) By setting up the class to race with Pro level women, it kind puts that intimidation factor right back again.

If they want to come, great! More power to them! Seriously, no ill will at all! I would think, though, that they've had the opportunity at their grasp. They are also good enough to be competitive in their own right in the existing men's classes.

I've frequently "competed" against Kelly.....she can kick my ass hands down. I chased the nationals with her 2 years ago. We know each other. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd rather bug her to ride a sidecar with me.

I don't need a lot of arms.....just 2-3. I'd think on the biggest motorcycle site in the world, this would be the place to find someone interested.

I have faith. :thumbsup:

peace,

jnette

I'd rather spend my money on the Colorado Gold Rush in August. A week of riding in the Colorado Rockies sounds much more fun! Good luck though Thorina.

I was hoping to eliminte the intimidation factor of having to race with men. (read: have no hopes of being competitive)

that seems unfair. what about us men that have no hopes of being competitive? :thumbsup::bonk:

it might actually be fun to ride it more as a high-speed ride than a race, but i'm not much of a chick so you probably don't care if i might be interested anyway.

if a few chicks do decide to race, and i have time, i might be talked into helping out with pit stop support or something, especially if i get to drive someone else's rig and burn their gas. heck, even if it's just male tt-ers racing, i might be interested in doing that.

-mark

I would totally be into doing the race if I had the time or money. Both are pretty limited this year.

I would totally be into doing the race if I had the time or money. Both are pretty limited this year.

I am in the same position. The race is right smack dab in the middle of a semi-planned trip to Europe. That's why I am starting early to either get this off the ground or drop it.

I am thinking that if I can get women to commit....I can then start pounding the streets for sponsorships to help cover the costs. Entry fees, pit support, etc.

But, it's hard to walk in and talk to a sponsor saying...."Um, der...I dunno, teeheehee, maybe some women might want this.....um....der...teeheehee". LOL

Velo.....we'd love to have you as an honorary woman running our pits!!!!!! I'll even buy you a thong just for the occasion. <wink>

peace,

janette

When comes time for money let us all know please. I would be willing to donate a few bucks. I'm sure others here would help also.

When comes time for money let us all know please. I would be willing to donate a few bucks. I'm sure others here would help also.

Me too, I think it'd be awesome to be good enough and BRAVE enough to ride that kind of ride!

Me too, I think it'd be awesome to be good enough and BRAVE enough to ride that kind of ride!

I can't say I am good enough....but my sheer stupidity often comes across as bravery. :thumbsup::bonk::thumbsup:

peace,

janette

I live in Dayton Nevada That's the finish of the race.If you need any help with your pits north of Tonia I would be more than willing to help,I have ridden the North end course Several times.And requires lots of preparation.

I live in Dayton Nevada That's the finish of the race.If you need any help with your pits north of Tonia I would be more than willing to help,.

When the date draws near, I might just take you up on your offer!!!!!!!

I have ridden the North end course Several times.And requires lots of preparation.

That's the understatement of the year! LOL

Thanks!

peace,

janette