Sign in to follow this  

Latest seat update

Ok after too much of having my butt sore I finally send my seat off to "Kno".

Moe called today and said my seats all ready and forwarded a pic. She is billing me $140.00 including return shipping. She and Tom made it 2" wider added a gel pad and memory foam and put a standard black cover. Seems like a deal to me and I am so excited to see if all that stuff really works. I found em on Ebay while looking for the materials to finish it up myself. They will totally rebuild yours or sell you the stuff. I sent it last week and its already done. Anyways here's a pic let me know if anybody wants a low down after install. Kno seems like a reputable small business and Moe (the gal there) rides dualsports and seemed to know exactly what I was looking for. Although they do lots of them fancy bikes too. Heres their number if anybody else's butt is getting sore too.

P.S. Since I'm computer illiterate I am unable to get a pic to post thru the image icon so If you want to see it just mail me directly at Lexzander@msn.com Alex

Disclaimer: not spam I'm just a customer and have no Affiliation.....

605 343 3377

http://stores.ebay.com/Kno-Place-Upholstery-Co

I would love to know how you like your new seat. I absolutely hate mine. It is good for about 35-40 miles and I need to get off and stretch. I have built in padding (butt) but that does not matter when you have a hard seat. I will e-mail you so I can see a pic.

Agreed on the horribly uncomfortable seat. I rode a Yam xt225 cross-country and didn't complain a bit. Just bought The DR and it has my arse in pain after 40 miles or so. I'd really like to know how the modified seat feels after a 200+ mile day if you ever do that. Thanks.

140 Bucks sounds like a deal if it works well.

I just finished my first long ride, 120 miles, using the stock seat - ouch ouch and ouch. I'm in line with Renazco for a custom seat and after today I'm ready now but it will be another 3 weeks til he has an opening.

I just got mine back from my local shop. They cut out the foam and put in memorie foam. It seems alot softer and nicer to ride. It only cost me about 60 bucks american, and They kept the stock look to it. It is alot cheaper than corbin. It might not be as good as corbin, but the price was right, and I will give it a go.

I just got mine back from my local shop. They cut out the foam and put in memorie foam. It seems alot softer and nicer to ride. It only cost me about 60 bucks american, and They kept the stock look to it. It is alot cheaper than corbin. It might not be as good as corbin, but the price was right, and I will give it a go.

As with others, please post again after you've taken a long ride and let us know if it was money well spent. I'm all about minimizing cost, so $60 sounds great, but want to make sure you feel the result was a good one. Thanks.